Tuesday, September 13, 2011

the ugly flower room.

Well it's kind of fun getting our house ready for us to move into! I still can't believe that it is ours!!! So crazy! I just love it an since I am not working right now I am totally focused on getting the rooms painted and ready, buying furniture and appliances, cleaning and getting it completely "move in ready!" If Russ had his way we would have moved in the day we got our house keys. But I told him now way because I had too many things to do before we have boxes and furniture in the way! So anyways this house has some interesting paint jobs that I am not quite a fan of.

The nursery right now looks like this.


But I want to turn it into something that looks a little bit more like this.


The master bedroom I want painted a grayish color. I may accent it with mustard or orange. We bought black furnature for our bedroom. I like that it will be more muted colors with a POP of some fun color like mustard!

This is what the room looks like now with the brown accent walls.....


This is what I envision with the gray walls....something like this.....


The great room has this ugly pinkish red color that must go. along with the brown accent wall in the kitchen. I wanted to lighten and cool everything down and make it have more of a modern touch with some blue accent walls.

This is what they look like now...

But I want to turn it into something that looks more like this.....


The Flower Room was a pain. It had an ugly pink thin chair-rail that I was not a fan of, multi colored flowers and purple wallpaper. not fun. So we ripped it all down! I forgot my camera so these were taken with Russ IPhone. I just had to document the tearing down of the nasty purple wallpaper!


We brought Domino to come over and check out his new pad. This room and the "Castle Room" are going to be painted a neutral tan color for now.....

Let the painting BEGIN!


4 comments:

Allison Barry said...

cute Domino.

Your house is great.

Jessica P. said...

I love all your room ideas! I can't wait to see after pics!

Becky said...

oh man...I can't believe we forgot to take pics when I was there helping!!! Oh well, in a few days the house will look totally different :) and beautiful

Jen, Dave, Reagan and Matthew said...

It all looks great! can't wait to see the finished products!