Sunday, April 10, 2011

Halloween babies are my favorite!

Well I finally went in to have my first Doctors appointment. People were starting starting to get suspicious like I wasn't prego so I finally called the insurance company and they made all the arrangements. I didn't really care where I went because we are not staying here anyways.

We went to the Doctor at 8:20am (yah, early for me) haha and went to the Utah Valley Obstetrics and Gynecology here in Orem.



My doctor was Heidi McSweeny I found her picture online (kind of stakerish of me huh?).


We went in filled out all the paperwork and went in to see her. I was not nervous or anything just getting my checkup like you are supposed to do.

I got to do all the fun stuff you do at hospitals. Pee in a cup, get my blood drawn, get my blood pressure taken, and don't forget getting a pap smear and having my uterus touched. Haha, it's fun times. It really wasn't bad at all. Russ had to hide from the needle wile I was getting my blood drawn though (he's not good with needles) but i am totally fine with them.

The fun part was the hear the heartbeat!
It was the weirdest thing ever! It was very fast! I had no idea how low my uterus really was. Like right above my pelvic bone. It was fun to hear it the heartbeat. I still can't believe that there is something ALIVE inside of me! It really blows my mind.

They told me the I am 10 weeks along!
i thought I was only like 8 so that was fun! I don't think it will feel real until i am bigger and I can feel it moving. I can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl. My odds are that it is a boy even though I want a girl. (Girls just photograph so well).


My first trimester has been a breeze.
No morning sickness, no mood swings and not too emotional. I take my prenatal at night and that seems to help not make me sick! I am VERY tired ALL THE TIME though. I feel like I could sleep all day long!



My due date is October 31st!
I LOVE THAT! If you know me I'm pretty obsessed with Halloween and I love all the SCARY STUFF! When I have my baby you will probably not see him/her in a cute little costume but they will probably be like a scary witch or a zombie or something gruesome and gross. It's how I roll. hahaha. I found some scary kids costumes online that i thought were amusing....





I'll end with this gem.
All I have to say is that I hope I am cool like Leigh Ann when I am pregnant!


4 comments:

Allison Barry said...

seriously. no one can shake their milk like pregnant leigh ann. I can't believe you are 10 weeks already!!! that's far! those halloween babies are gross.

Waters Family said...

chase was looking at all those babies and just kept saying "Gross" "Thats sick mom" "Oh mom"...but those were pretty cool costumes I have to say! And he loved the video I told him he was in my belly and I think he loved it more. You look great! Cant wait to see you when you move down here you will look even cuter!!!

Mollie Photo said...

ha ha those pictures are freaky. i hope your babe gets to dress up like that whenever HE/SHE wants. fake blood and ALL!! and if you are still pregnant at halloween i know the perfect costume for you.

Brad and Whit said...

i loved your post until you said that your first trimester is a "breeze". now i hate it. HATE!!! i'm 2 weeks behind you and sick as a dog! you know what i had for lunch today??? BARF!!! P.S. I'M GLAD IT'S HEALTHY!!!