Friday, July 1, 2011

Boy or Girl!?!


(thank you Dawn for buying us boy and girl pj's before we knew. they are so cute!)

My dream has come true.

It's a girl!

Of course I think most mothers want a girl and most fathers want boys but I really really wanted a girl! I have 1 brother and 3 sisters so I do like being around girls. Although my heart was set on a girl I prepared myself for a boy. There are 4 boys in Russell's family and 2 girls also I thought my odds for a girl was slim. They only brother of Russ' that we can compare to is his oldest brother Dan who has 4 boys and 1 girl!

When I was 16 weeks they guess the sex of the baby and guessed a girl! I was soooo happy and excited! I didn't even know they could tell us that early! Russ and I were so excited to hear! As we looked at the ultrasound she asked, "Do you want to know what it is?" and my hear jumped a little bit. "Yes of course!" After hearing the news of having a girl I was smiling ear to ear. I know Russ was excited but I think he still had his fingers crossed for a boy.

We didn't really want to announce it till 20 weeks when they could tell "for sure". So at our 20 week ultrasound they told us again that it was a girl! WHOO HOOOOOOO!!! I may be a little selfish but when I think of a little girl I think of the pictures I could take! Bows and tutu's and dresses and pearls and all kinds or cute girly things! =-) I know she is going to be such a pretty little girl! Russ is very excited to have a girl....I think she is going to have him wrapped around her little finger. I told him "Well at least she will babysit our other children right?" haha. Russ says when you have a girl as the oldest she is bossy. And I looked at him as said "You married an oldest child....what you trying to say!?!?!" hahaha! We are sooooo ecstatic!!!!

Bring on the girl clothes!!!

Thanks to everyone who got me these clothes (i haven't bought anything yet!). I pretty much think little clothes are the cutest!

The ultra sound cuteness!

She is facing down in this one.

Her profile is so sweet!


It's a girl....Here is her bum and her legs.....

3 comments:

Mollie Photo said...

You sure know how to get people excited for you! I want you to have her NOW> she will be SO loved by everyone! including ME :)))))))

Jen, Dave, Reagan and Matthew said...

so cute. We are excited for you guys. She will be the most perfect little thing. Just you waite :-)

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Yay for girls!!! It can be the sister Lana isnt having right now..... she calls her SISTER COUSIN lol So funny Russ said the oldest child is bossy if its a girl....and your the oldest ha ha. Now time to pick names :)