Monday, July 11, 2011

The 4th of July

The 4th of July is not always the best holiday to celebrate in Phoenix. By July we are usually experiencing over 100 degree temperatures. So sitting outside sweating watching fireworks is not ever that appealing. Our family used to go to a movie on 4th of July over at the Harkins on Bell then watch the fireworks from the parking lot from the Peoria Sports Complex but now we have a new tradition. For the last few years we have gone up to Prescott and enjoyed fireworks up there! If you go for the whole day you can enjoy the parade and all the shops set up outside for the holiday. Then there is a carnival and fireworks later in the afternoon/evening. The weather is way better and totally worth the drive! It gives us a chance to cool down for a few hours before we have to head back to the Phoenix furnace. And another awesome thing about it...they had Indian Fry bread. MMMMM!!! Our whole family went up (minus Ryan and Bri) and it was the best! I love Prescott!

Matching tattoos!
Pretty girl
Messy boy
Brooke made us a bunch of hair things for the 4th! Look how cute it is!

I love when he stands like this.


eating the indian fry bread MMM! delish!
Lacey and Tori

Me Russ and Baby!
Brooke and Nikki got me into belts....i think I like them.
I love tanner.
warming up! You are not putting blankets on in Phoenix thats for sure!
Nikki the Photog
Nik took this of Jake. Why so serious?
My favorite honey and powdered suger indian fry bread (man do i sound like a fatty!) haha

Hope you had a happy 4th!

6 comments:

calikas said...

awesome photo of the fireworks!! I wish I would have seen them when I lived in Prescott!

Brian and Catherine said...

Looks like so much fun!! Brian and I were in Prescott too!! His family lives up there, so we are there a lot! It is definitely fun!! But I am very sad I missed the Indian fry bread!! BUMMBER, oh well, next year! haha.

Allison Barry said...

yep we were sweaty down here. We really should go with you guys next year. Sam and Tanner can entertain each other and maybe give each other more bruises.

Mollie Photo said...

prescott is da best!

Caitlin said...

I like your belt, too! One thing I've found with some of my shirts is that I just look totally fat in them, but if I add a belt above the bump, then I look cute & pregnant.

Anonymous said...

What kind of camera do you use and lens?