Saturday, September 6, 2008

The evolution of the bruise!

Well the older I get the more clumsy I become.  

Last week I was sleeping when the house phone rang and startled me.  I jumped out of bed, half asleep and ran for the phone.  First mistake: Running to the phone when half asleep through a messy room.  Lets just say I never made it to the phone.  On my way to the phone I tripped on some debris that is overtaking our bedroom right now, clipped my thigh on the door handle and of course landed right on top of a metal crate filled with metal easels right outside the door.  I did not move for 10 minutes after that fall.  The bruise on my hip was already forming.  I got jabbed under the armpit with an easel, got a carpet burn on my knee, three wolverine scratches on my hip and a scrape on my calf.  I really am going to try to be more careful.....

oh wait....  

yesterday I fell off my bike.  true story.  

Well here was the evolution of the massive bruise.  enjoy.





Directly after impact....


And the bruise continues to change.....








I hope I entertained you rather than gross you out. But seriously It really entertained me. I would wake up and the first hting I would say to Russ in the morning was "Let's look at my bruise!" I seriously need some friends up here......

4 comments:

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

wow that bruise is horrible! And what the heck made the wolverine scratches? It all looks so bad...your going to fall apart 10 years from now! Maybe Russ should wrap you in bubble wrap and then you should be fine!

Stacie Aho said...

Ouch Selena!!! How big is that thing? It's hard to tell in the pictures... nothing to compare it to, and I'm not quite sure where on your body that is. You need to wear night vision goggles when you get out of bed in the middle of the night next time.

Allison Barry said...

you said that was your hip? it is really hard to figure out what body part that is. I'm sorry you keep hurting yourself. i love that you laid on the ground for 10 minutes after the fall- like you were in so much shock. poor girl. i'm glad you're alive! and i'm glad you keep your bedroom dirty...makes me feel very good. and i need friends, too. i need YOU!!!!

Costley Images said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA . oh my gosh selena. I'm actually crying right now because i'm laughing so hard and i miss you so much at the same time.