Wednesday, August 27, 2008

St George Picture Adventures

Although I just got surgery on Monday we ventured off to St George to visit Nikki, Jake, and little Madison. I haven't seen them since the wedding so it was real refreshing to get to spend some time with them.



When we first arrived Madison was just waking up from her nap and she saw me and Nikki and was so happy, she started running towards us with a happy smile. Russ peaked out of the room and as soon as Madison saw him she starred at the ground, turned around and went back into her room and shut the door. They had a rough start but Madison did warm up to Russ as the weekend progressed.


Madison's favorite animal right now is an elephant. She carries these 2 elephants around all the time and she calls them "aunties." She is so big and so freakin cute. She talks tons and we love her.


One more funny story. So Madison was jumping on the couch and Nikki pushed her a little and Madison went flying off the couch and did a front flip on her head. Good job Nikki. She was crying and all of us were laughing. It was just to funny. Don't worry Madison was ok.


Nikki and Jake are good. Jake really took care of us.....He made us breakfast Sunday morning (eggs, pancakes and muffins!!) and and dinner that night (steak, potatoes, corn and brownies)!! Wow, thanks Jake! We had full bellies on our return hom on Sunday for sure. Nikki was about to pop! She has had people come ask her if she is having twins, funny huh? It was nice to see her too. I forget how funny Nikki is......haha...She took us swimming and gave us plenty of entertainment. We took Maternity pictures of Nikki and I think they turned out beautifully! We also took pictures of Jake's prize posession, his truck, because he is selling it.

Sweet Russ has helped me so much through my recovery. I have nothing to complain about. He is the best husband ever!! Thanks babe! He really was great. He helped me in the middle of the night when I could not sleep at 4:30 in the morning and set me up with a movie on his laptop and then when his laptop was skipping I woke him up again to tell me what happens in the movie. He helped me sit up and move because I could not move around very well. He got me my medicne, fluffed my pillows, fed me in the hospital and spent the night with me in a very uncomfortable chair, asked me all the time what he could do for me. He helped me and Nikki's house set up all my equipment and carried all the heavy stuff. I love you Russ!

Anyways here are the pictures from the weekend. I posted a few of my favorite Maternity Shots of Nikki. They are all edited! My record time! Enjoy!












































































9 comments:

The Curthoys Family said...

First off I love the Truck. Me and Allan are into old truck I want another 72 Chevy. Nikki looks hot, I wish I never got any strech makes. Lucky B*****. Haha

Stacie Aho said...

Oh man Selena those are some GREAT pictures. The truck ones are awesome. And so are Nikki's. She's makes a beautiful pregnant lady.

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

once again, i love these pictures. they're beautiful!

Allison Barry said...

I know I am strange but I just think pregnancy pictures are so weird. My sister is trying to talk me into taking them, but I'm not giving in. Nikki's belly is slightly bigger than mine, but I'm bigger than her everywhere else. I'd gladly trade. But you are talented (how many times have I said that in my lifetime?) and take amazing pictures. I can't wait for you to take pictures of my newborn!!!

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

LOVE THEM ALL!! Its not fair that there are no cute pics like this for when she was preggo with maddi?

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

oh and I am jealous you got to go see them and spend time with madison!!....it was funny when she saw russ and put her head down and went back to her room and shut the door....ha ha ...dont worry Russ she had to warm up to Brian too! And at the end she was giving him kisses ...

sarah said...

You take such beautiful pictures!!! I think tummy pictures are so cute! Love them all!

Dawn said...

You take beautiful pictures, Selena, as always...but I would have had a hard time doing that when I was pregnant! Glad you got to go visit your sister...I know you get lonely for family! You need to do more stuff with Amy...although I know she is aways out there from you guys. Hope your bruise is healed up and all is well with your appendix recovery...you have had quite a month! We love & miss you both!

Costley Images said...

What the heck, why are you so much better than me? I love all of them. Did you bring your studio lights for the black background ones or what?