Monday, October 13, 2008

kill me now. it's already snowing.

Well it is cold here.  It is winter weather this week, like the weather that is supposed to come in November.  I am not a happy camper about it.  It snowed this weekend.  ew.  I had to work this last saturday, taking family pictures all day (8 families ) in the mountains.  Being the troopers we are we still managed to get all the shoots done even if it was snowing.  but don't worry, i was prepared.  I had long johns on, 2 pairs of socks, boots, pants, a shirt and then a zip up hoody, and a jacket, don't forget the beanie and the scarf and gloves.  Yep, I stayed toasty that is for sure.  But it was so so cold!  

Russ and I gave talks in church this weekend.  Having worked on Saturday in the mountains in the cold from 7:30-6 I was beat when I got home at like 7:30.  So I started writing my talk on the bed.  bad idea, fell asleep.  Russ finished his talk and discovered that I had fallen asleep.  He came over to wake me up and tell me to write my talk but as most of my close friends and family know, you do not wake Selena up when she is sleeping.  You will find a very grumpy monstrous person.  So that is exactly what Russ found.  I was so grumpy I was yelling "i'm not giving a talk tomorrow!"  "Russ call the bishop right now I am not giving a talk tomorrow!"  I'm too tired and too stressed and scatter brained I can't even think to write a talk right now!"  Russ convinced me to think about it go to sleep and try writing it in the morning.  So I did.  I felt much better in the morning, got up at 8 and wrote my talk until 11:30.  I only got to practice it twice before I got up to give it at church.  haha, it wasn't bad but i had not given a talk in church since I was in young woman's so i was quite nervous.....

Then after church Russ and I went on a nice sunday drive up to the mountains in Provo Canyon.  The clouds were beautiful, the sunset was beautiful and there was SNOW UP THERE!!  And We saw this horse on the way up.  I made Russ stop so i could pet him.  Oh ya, and Russ forgot his shoes on this little adventure and his jacket.  dumby.  haha, i was all bundled up.  Russell's sweat pants are very warm!!  It was so freezing up there!!!  I'm not ready for this weather!!!











Russ took the one below!















oh ya, and here is some funny faces with the wide angle. i think they are pretty hilarious!



4 comments:

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

i am disgusted with the snow as well. at least it is melted. and you have to admit that it DID look beautiful. those pictures at the end are hilarious.

Allison Barry said...

oh wow that wide angle is pretty scary. You sound just like you sounded in Flagstaff. I just knew when i'd see you after the first snow, the first thing you'd do is throw your purse down, and grunt, "UHHHHHHHHHGGH I HATE THE FREAKING SNOWWWWWWWW!!!" Yeah. I miss that husky voice of yours. i'm glad you survived your talk. I didn't answer your phone call last night because i was shopping in Bashas and it was like silent...so i didn't want to be the big pregnant person on the phone. i love you and i'm sorry it's snowing already!!!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Snow already?hmmm. I use to miss snow, since I grew up w/ four seasons. You can always do what dan did when it snowed--he would get ready for class, go outside, see snow, go inside and go back to bed or watch TV-thank goodness that little arizona punk was so smart he could keep up!!!
I am glad you woke up enough to give a talk--you would have been sad and I am sure it was great!
I LOVE FALL-I do miss the fall in Utah

Dawn said...

those scenery pictures are GORGEOUS! Not sure about the wide angle ones...but I know you guys always have fun doing them! sounds like you had a great drive...next time, Russ, remember your shoes and your coat! (sorry...sounding like a mom, huh?)