Friday, October 3, 2008

Our special surprise......

Soooo......Today we got two boxes at our doorstep.  We never get mail (especially not packages) and so packages are exciting.  So let me back track and give you a little background.

Last Tuesday Russ had an unfortunate incident.  He was working on his laptop when he accidentally spilled soda (not even alot) on his LAPTOP.  He ran to the kitchen to get something to clean it up with came back, wiped it up and continued to work on his homework.  Then his computer froze (and he said it had never froze before) and he had to turn it off.   and then,  it never turned back on.  Ya, he wasn't too happy.  So we went to get it looked to see if it could be fixed.  Russ thought it was a gonner and he was right.  The motherboard was fried.  So the search began for a laptop.  Russ of course was looking for a good deal, he would not be Russ Sorensen if he did not get an amazing deal.  I think that is what the Sorensens do,find good deals, you too Amy.  But we love them for it.  I haven't quite got it down yet, anyways, back to the story.

So our sweet boxes we got were amazing.  I opened the first and my mom got me a box full of special Halloween goodies!  As a lot of you know Halloween is one of my favorite favorite holidays!!! (Allison and I trick or treated in college and loved it, except when i lost my phone) So that was a fun surprise.  I'm going to decorate the house!!!  anyways the second box Russ opened and the first thing he saw was a mug with a lid and he continued to open the box and pulled out a laptop case.  He was like "oh, how did they know I needed one of these, it's a 17 in, my new one will probably smaller than that but that's ok." It still didn't click with him until he pulled out a best buy warranty.  He's like what the heck!!  I told him to keep opening it!  and he said he was scared to.  He opened it up to a new laptop.  Thanks dad.  It was such a surprise to both of us!  Russ didn't know what to do with himself.  he was like " I'm going to call your dad and say Mike, What do you want from me!?"  hahaha   i thought that was funny.  But with the hospital bills and all those other lovely expenses it was such a load off our shoulders!  Thanks mom and dad!!  We really appreciate it!  Anyways, Russ is a happy camper.  I like it when he is happy ( you should have seen him when he spilled the soda, ya....scary...)  haha

Oh ya, did everyone get why dad sent a mug with a lid??  Ya, so he won't spill soda on his laptop.  haha.  good one dad.








Oh yah, one more funny story. Russ forgot to wear his belt to school today and he is a freak about it. So he was at work and he found a solution to his problem. see below.....


7 comments:

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

thats nice mom and dad! I got Halloween stuff too! Its the best!!! Mom and Dad are awesome! I bet Russ was so happy..glad he has a labtop now..those things are never CHEAP!! By the way we might be coming to Utah next week to take care of a few things..you got any room to spare at your place..we were thinking of staying with you!!! So feel special :) Anyway call me I will tell you more about it :)

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

oh also.....is this the 2nd post in one day...that is a record for you ha ha ha

Stacie Aho said...

Amazing!!!! What a nice surprise. And new Halloween decor? That's great!

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

that is so nice...what a nice dad! your family is spoiling russ..an xbox 360, a new laptop, a mug, halloween decor, and a selena!

Selena and Russ!! said...

this is a test...

Dawn said...

What great in-laws you have, Russ! Have fun decorating your apt Selena! Hope you will have a great week!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Dan is a freak about his belt too-ha ha ha I have had to run it up to work quite a few times. AND halloweenis my favorite holiday of all time too!!!! you are my girl!