Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy BIRTHDAY to ME!!!!!


Well May is my birthday month and my first married birthday with Russ.  In the Reid family birthday's are a bit of a BIG DEAL.  It would be an insult not to call or get a call on your birthday from your siblings and parents.  Well Russ comes from a different family (a family I LOVE)  but they don't share the same enthusiasm for birthdays.  So I have had to train Russ a little bit in the birthday area so that he will have a happy wife.  (wow, i sound like a brat right now haha)  =-)  (Last year i had to have 2 birthdays)  So anyways, I had a great birthday!

I woke up to a sweet message on my mirror in the bathroom and fun messages on my car.  





Then Russ and I both headed off to work.  i didn't forget my birthday girl pin before i left.


At work I had a good day.  Davi got me some candy and chapstick (she knows what i like!)  Vi got me a cupcake and shauna bought me lunch.  While I was working away Sweet Russ had was on his way to drop something off in Salt Lake for his work and he stopped by and surprised me with the most amazing roses I have ever seen!  I was the best surprise of the day!  I loved loved loved it!!!!  They really looked amazing, this pictures does not do them justice. 
After work I headed home and Russ was stressing because he got off late from work and he was mad because it was ruining his evening plans.  He had dinner planned first but we didn't have enough time so we went to the planetarium first to see the U2 light show (the same one we went to see the night we got engaged).  Then we headed over to this restaurant we've been wanting to try that has the best ratings ever, the Red Iguana.  It was super tasty exept for my meal tasted funky.  I got enchiladas and they were sweet like ginger.  I ate off Russ's plate and everything he got was great!  Then we went home and Russ got me the best gift EVER EVER EVER!  Concert tickets to go see FUN the following Wed and and i-tunes gift card to purchase their CD when it comes out in August.  Sooo, let me explain who the FUN is.  So my favorite band The Format broke up a little while ago and the lead singer (WHICH I LOVE)  has started a new band called FUN!  I'm a little obsessed with him and I have met him a few times, had him sign a few shirts, haha, no big deal.  but i met him AGAIN.  

The concert was so amazing!  I loved it and can't wait to get there CD in August.  I also got Russ obsessed with the format.  I think he has a crush on Nate because he is always talking about him.  haha, he really enjoyed the concert too.  



All and all it was a great birthday!  I had such a good day!  My family sent me a few things in the mail and my parents made me the best thing ever!  They took my college diploma and the graduation picture and framed it with some other graduation stuff of mine.  I LOVED IT!  I wanted to do that sometime but I don't know if I would have ever gotten around to it.  THanks guys!  And thanks to everyone for the calls and the gifts!  I had a great 24th birthday!  Man I am getting OLD!

11 comments:

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Russ did good!! Sounds like a fun night. What was up with the enchiladas? Thats weird.At least you got to eat off Russ plate. Thats so funny you have so many pics with the format guy. i like what mom and dad gave you....hang that u in your room!

Stacie Aho said...

You like birthdays the same way I do. I've also had to train my husband, but I think I need some tips from you because I think I've probably cried at least two of the birthdays I've had with him. So bratty, I know. Haha. It's one day a year you really want to feel special and remembered.

Looks like you had a grand time. Those roses are gorgeous. I love roses.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

SO I had to do the SAME training with my Sorensen man-Birthdays and HOLIDAYS are HUGE in my family too...thats why I am bummed i did NOT know when yours was--we should make a birthday list for everyone--so at least you could get a shout out! Everyone at least gets one post about them AND I am behind...so look out next year...MAy what?!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

oh yeah--can your parents give me a b-day present?..I STILL have NOT gotten around to doing that with my diploma and STUFF...NICE!

beckysue said...

I am in love with the Format too, but am sad to say I have never met them...but I have met Secondhand Serenade, who are amazing too. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I am glad your bday was awesome, I wish I could celebrate it with you :( anyways, there is always next year, and we are planning on living in the same culdasack right? hahahhahahaha

Ian, Jessica, Halle, Camdyn, and Quinn! said...

My birthday is in a couple weeks and I have I feeling it won't be that cool! :) Ian will be sad I said that! We're so lame!!! Anyway! I think its pretty awesome that you have so many pics with that guy!!! Sounds like you and Russ will have to fight over him! Anyway, your awesome! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Selena!! I found your blog through Jessica's! You guys look like you are doing great and having so much fun! I didn't know that The Format broke up! But I am glad that you got to see the lead singer in concert again! Birthdays were never a huge deal growing up in my house but they are huge to my husbands family! He makes my birthday last a week! It's so fun! It's nice to get really spoiled at least once a year right?? Well, I am so glad that I found your blog! It is such a fun way to stay updated on everyones lives! Keep in touch!

Costley Images said...

that looks like so much FUN!!!!!!!
i love how you are nate are BEST friends basically.
Like almost as good of friends as you and me. but that is not something i'm happy about.
i was thinking today about how your mom and her friend roma are still friends and still spend the night and visit with each other. . . and i decided... that's gonna be us. till we are wayyyyy old. we can even have horses together. and i will give your daughter some cooking lessons like roma gave you . . . and you will give my daughter some lessons on how to be cool.. or whatever else is your specialty. HAHHAAA !!!! miss ya.

Veronica said...

Your Roses were gorgeous!!! Russ did a good job...I liked the mirror birthday wish and birthday girl pin!

peachytiffers said...

Happy birthday, late!! We LOVE the format too and we love what we have heard so far of Fun. You lucky duck!!

Allison Barry said...

oh man. we need to start a support group for high maintenance birthday wives. devin will be the president. i read that paragraph out loud to him where you explained that birthdays are a big deal to you- i was trying to explain that i'm not the only one. yeah he didn't even crack a smile i don't think. love you dev.

you are so funny about nate. i'm surprised he doesn't remember you!!! you should make a t-shirt of all those pictures of you two and wear it to the next concert. i'm very excited for their CD!!!!!