Thursday, May 21, 2009

Riding bikes and sunday strolls

Well we got our tax return a little bit ago and we put it right into our savings.  One day i said to Russ, we need to do SOMETHING FUN with that money!  Let's buy you a BIKE!  I already had a bike and it's not all that fun to ride your bike all by yourself so we went to Target and got him a brand new bike!  We've been riding them a couple time a week and it's so fun because the weather is BEAUTIFUL!!!  It's just perfect now!  I'm so glad it's finally warmed up and now we get to go do fun things outside!  A little bit ago we drove our bikes to Amy and Marcus's house to go for a bike ride.  The weather wasn't the bet that day, a little rainy, but it finally stopped and we were determined to go outside and ride away!  It was great!  




I just have to post these pictures of Lola.  So before we went on a bike ride Lola was just obsessed with the rain!  She was just outside walking around in it.  It was funny!  We had the screen closed and she didn't want to come in but she wanted to hang out with us right there so she just pressed her face on the screen and man it was funny!






On another day Russ and I went to have a fun Sunday after church.  My SLR camera just broke in a crazy down pour of rain and my boss got it fixed so Russ and I went to go test it out and we went to byu to wonder the campus.  I don't live in Provo or go to school here so I don't really get the BYU married vibe very often.  But I told Russ "Let's go be a BYU couple today!"  and we walked Byu campus, and went to the famous "duck pond" and brought a blanket and laid on the grass.  We fit right in with the 10 other couple there.  haha.  But here is a few pictures from our adventure.


















Utah is real pretty right now.  The flowers the greenery, and yes even the dandelions.  I love it!  

10 comments:

beckysue said...

I am so jealous, you are such a good photographer, I don't even compare one bit. You should stop looking at my blog, cause you will critique me too much :( Anyways, I am loving all the greenery too..it just started to get warm here in Idaho, so I prefer the warmth compared to the freezing cold. I love it!!!!!

Veronica said...

It looks so pretty there. I love seeing the mountains in the background while you were bike riding. Sure is pretty with the snow still on it. How nice that you two do so much together!

I was thinking I need to get me a better camera too! as mine is okay, but nothing compared to what you have. Maybe I can just upgrade mine a little.

What are those things that you blow on and they come a part and blow all over....I think they are cool. Loved the flower picture with the tulips and also the one in which you were in the back looking thru. It almost looked like you were a part of the flower grouping!!!!

Allison Barry said...

ok this is really weird. today i was pressing my face up against sam's pack and play, you know, trying to make him laugh (it's mesh), and i was thinking about how lola does that with the screen door (amy posted something about that like a year ago...yes i'm pathetic and i remember that). so yes that is weird. and i also had this other thought...what the heck are you and russ going to do with all the millions and millions of pictures of you two?? just wondering. like you should invest in a storage unit.

Anonymous said...

Um, I didnt still your zoo pictures!! I think we actually went to the zoo before you but you just beat me to posting them! Love the blue door building. Bring you camera to the cabin because YOU ARE COMING RIGHT!!!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I KNEW you would LOVE Utah in the spring--that is one of my all time favorites there!! LOVE LOVE LOVE The pictures--ooooh BYU lovers...LOVE IT!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

CAN YOU GUYS send a little ditty about why you love dan TODAY--right NOW!!!!!! to my email danrsorensen@hotmail.com

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

that bike ride was fun. marcus looks really funny in that picture of us on the bikes. And russ looks like a giant on his.

and i REALLY love that blue door. alot.

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

I want a bike! looks fun! Lola is funny pressing her face against the glass. I like the pics of the teal door and the flowers and the mom and baby ducks :) Hey did you ever get my email on engagement pics?..no I dont have my camera back yet I sent it to Canon last week..so hopefully SOON....using the camera on my phone is lame.

Costley Images said...

you are freakin cute. i would love to be able to ride bikes and go on sunday strolls with you. EVERYDAY. utah IS beautiful this time of year. i would say i miss it... but i don't. haha.

but i miss you!! thanks for being my friend. and thanks for being such an amazing photographer.
I want to copy you.

Costley Images said...

p.s. i love lola. i want her to be my daughter.