Thursday, December 3, 2009

Wanna paint our portraits!?

Ever since Russ and I have been married whenever he says "what do you want to do tonight" i always say "Let's paint each others portraits!." Russ always rolls his eyes and says no.....Well one day he said no again and I didn't take no for an answer! I went and got out the paints (which it ends up I only have the colors cranberry, different tones of blue and white) and paper and brushes and everything. So Russ played along. I started painting Russ and he was drawing an "outline". I didn't want his to be way better than mine (because i was free handing it) so I crinkled up my paper and started drawing. Come to find out I don't do "outlines" I just plain started drawing Russ. Russ started painting my portrait and I looked at my drawing and I didn't want to ruin it with paint. So I ended up not painting anything! hahahah! Yah, Russ gave me a lot of crap for it because I have been bugging him to do it forever and when we actually did it I didn't do it! hahaha! Oh well....it was a fun time....






7 comments:

Waters Family said...

you guys did a great job! i am impressed! me and curtis will have to try that out!!! It was so freaking good to see you guys! cant wait till christmas!

Ian, Jessica, Halle, Camdyn, and Quinn! said...

You guys are so fun! Great job on the paintings! Very artsy!!!

Stacie Aho said...

Wow, those are really good. That's awesome! Way to be artists :)

Allison Barry said...

they really look like you guys. did you copy a picture or something? Do you remember when me, you, and marci all painted each other? All I remember is that I was insulted because mine turned out ugly...haha

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

wow...these really turned out pretty good. i mean, i expected it from russ...but from you...?! hahah...jkjk.

sarah said...

I am impressed, except your sketch reminds me of a police sketch artist ,in a good way :) I love that Russ included your camera in your portrait!

Robert and Becky said...

Wow Selena you have some mad drawing skills! Tell me is there anything you don't do???