Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sleepover with Lana

So I told Brooke when she came into town
I wanted to have Lana over for a sleepover!

When I told Russ he wasn't too sure about it but we had lots of fun! I wanted to take her out to do something fun so we went to the nicklecade! Lana loved it! It was like 8:30-9ish when we got there. We got a bunch of nickels and went to town! We started slow riding the motorized walmart semi-truck. My question is why is it a walmart truck? kind of random.


Then we started getting into the more difficult games like trying to catch the popcorn




Or squashing the spiders. We played baskeball (but lana was too short so I had to hold her up), we played skeeball and soooo many more! We had so much fun, and just when I thought the night couldnt get any better, the amazing happened. Lana played a game where you had to drop a bouncy ball down and it landed in a hole. The hole told you how many tickets you got. Here is a picture of it.....




We played it a few times in the beginning of the night. Then we returned to it later in the evening. I let Lana put her own coins in and push the button when she wanted to, and to my surprise

LANA WON THE JACKPOT!

She got about 350 tickets from this one game it was so exciting!! At first when all the tickets started pouring out Lana didn't quite know what to think of it, she may have thought she had broke the machine, but when I told her she WON and that all those tickets were hers to get PRIZES she was so happy!









We had a blast! Even Uncle Russ has some fun (I mean it was video games, how could he not love it!) Anyways here are a few more pics of the nickelcade! Lana won more tickets than Russ and I combined.......



We gave Lana all our tickets and she piked out her prize. A soft doggy, some sunglasses, and a sucker!


The fun was not over yet, on the way home we got a icecream cone from McDonalds and then came home, took a bath and watch a movie! Lana picked out ET because her mom informed her that ET was a "nice" alien so she liked him. Halfway through the movie she turned to me and whispered to me that "I was supposed to make her popcorn" which is true, I did tell her that. How do they always remember?! So I made it for her (which I think she took like 5 bites and was done...) and she fell asleep before it ended around 12:30. It was a long fun filled night! Thanks Brooke for letting her sleep over! We loved it!


Then today I babysat Braden while Brooke, Brian, and Lana went to the dentist....Brooke told me what to do with him, lunch, bottle, feed him 8 ounces, nap time, remember to change diapers, where his toys and binkie's were, watch him so he doesn't eat stuff off the ground ect, ect. Russ went to work and I stayed home to watch him (I had the day off work). Russ texted me a few hours later and said "Is Braden still alive?" implying that I don't know how to take care of small children. Well I have a picture to show it all....



I guess he was dead.....DEAD ASLEEP. =-) i did good, he was an easy happy boy.
It was fun to have them in town! I'll miss you!

2 comments:

Becky said...

OMG!!!!! Lana was so good for you...and Braden I am surprised he is still ALIVE lol JUST KIDDING! Wow it looks like the night before and your day off were packed?! I am sure you are the favorite Auntie! Doesn't it feel good to play with the kids and then have them go back to their parents????? I sure love that! Anyways, well the Walmart truck is product placement...they need to advertise anywhere they can receive free advertising, yes I am a nerd and it is still fresh in my head cause I just graduated!

Allison Barry said...

You are the best aunt I have ever heard of. Whitney and I tried to be cool aunts and took Abbie to a date to Cabela's (which is a huge indoor sporting goods store that has huge fake animals...I realize how lame it is once I'm typing it out) and she wasn't too impressed. Lana's little pigtail buns are so cute.