Monday, May 16, 2011

It's a Bittersweet....

Well. We did it. We successfully moved to Arizona.

Since we have moved to Utah I have secretly been counting down the days till I could come back home. I did love my time in Utah. It gave Russ and I an experience we could have never had if we didn't live here. Although I do get homesick from family and friends we created our own little home. We really got to spend all our time with each other. We developed some great friendships there that were really family. We got to be carefree in a sense. Just working and going to school was the only goal. Now as I look ahead to our future I see much more responsibility and I realize that we will never have the lives we once had. With jobs to look for, the baby coming, and looking for a house of our own life is about to get much more complicated.

No more late night movie nights with Little Caesars and snuggling, no more spontaneous dates (let drop everything and go do something NOW), no more 10 o'clock dollar movies, no more nicklecade, and really no more selfish US time (when all we had to think about was each other). I know that this baby will be such a JOY in our lives...different from before and better in some ways. But part of me is sad to say goodbye to the simple life Russ and I had. With all that said I am excited to face the adventures that are ahead of us.

It was a bittersweet to move from Utah. I was so excited to finally be home! But where is home? Russ and I were FINALLY starting to feel like Orem was our home. We loved our ward, our neighbors and our friends that we had made there. This was our neighborhood and we were familiar and comfortable with our environment. And although I HATE HATE HATE the snow, I miss the mountains, the seasons (fall and spring are beautiful!), and the scenic landscapes there. I will miss the summers we spent there when we could have picnics, drive up the canyon and go rafting down the Provo river. I will also miss the family we left there. Amy ad Marcus and Lola and Ruby! Don't forget grandma Rawson! We love the Blairs and I am going to be very sad not to hear Lola's scream through the door when I knock...."Selleeeeeennaaaaaaaa!!!!!". Love those girls.

It seems so fast. We were there one day and now we are not. I feel like everything happend so fast and I did not have sufficient time to say goodbye. I hope everyone in Utah knows we miss you!

Now we are living at my parents house indefinitely until we get the job, insurance, and a place to live. I do love the heat. It sounds crazy but i do love it.

My parents were so kind to fly up and help us pack up and move. My dad got there and we sent hi home with Russell's car and he drove home the same day he flew in. My mom (is the sweetest!) stayed to help us clean and pack....all the dirty work....It was such a blessing to have her come up and help. Also for all our friends that came over to clean and pack the moving truck! Thank you so much!


Good ol Russ in the moving truck ( he did a GOOD job packing it!!!)

Little Reagan helping us clean =-)
Me and RUTHIE! miss you so much! She cleaned my bathroom better than it has ever been cleaned!!! (but she did accidentally mix some chemicals and we had so evacuate for a bit...) hahaha!
Ruthie and Jen! Thanks guys!
Jen thanks for helping! I miss our Sunday hangouts!!!
The Truck.
All the trash from cleaning the house.....Russ tried to get me to throw things away. I am a pack rat i guess.....
Mom taking a quick break....
Poor Domino with his cone. He was neutered and HATED that thing....
The moving continues....

Russ took apart my desk in my room....it was heavy!!!

Here is the mess....I really do HATE packing....
mom with the trash....
The sad empty apartment.....sad to say goodbye to my home for 3 years (pardon the uglyness.....this was us after all day packing and cleaning.....)



Saying goodbye to family and friends was the hardest part. Miss you guys so much!


The Blairs.....

Thanks for all the dinners, laundry runs, game nights, picnics, and fun while we were in Utah! We really enjoyed being so close to you and I am so sad that we will be so far now. We have been there since Lola's 1st birthday and the birth of Ruby! I will miss the girls sooooo much (and of course amy and her friendship and Marcus and his awesomeness....but i won't miss his game competitiveness....) We love you!



Paul and Ruthie (along with others such as Dallin and Merinda, Dave and Jen, Jake and Cody, and so many more!!!) have been our family away from home. They are what really made our experience in Utah way more AWSOME! i don't know what I would have done without all of them and I miss them right now! Thanks for being so fun and silly! THanks for the movie nights (And ruthes popcorn), Jakes music jams, cody's knowledge on vegetables, zombie parties with Jen and Dave, music videos, campfires, and everything else! We really love all of you and hope we can all keep in touch Foreverrrrrr!






Goodbye Utah. =-(

4 comments:

sarah said...

Moving is never fun, but we are glad you are back :) Are you bringing that cool chair on thursday?

Jen, Dave, Reagan and Matthew said...

We miss you guys a lot! I hope that we can still keep in touch sometimes :-)

Cody said...

We miss you guys a lot :( Growing up kinda stinks. People you love move far away and then what?! Hmm we will have to figure something out. I think I'm gonna miss the mountains too... LOVE YOU GUYS to pieces! Good luck with this crazy thing called life.

Waters Family said...

well selena...I am glad to have you here...and I dont like the fact that I have not seen you since you have been home...we need to get together real soon...maybe before I leave for new york.