Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Alien baby

Well we found a doctor here in Arizona....Doctor Marvin Ericson at the Arrowhead Hospital. Allison referred him to me and I loved him! We had an 8:00 appointment and ended up being there for 2 hours....yah a long time right? We got to see the baby in our first Ultrasound!

It was the WEIRDEST THING! The baby looked HUGE and I just cannot believe the baby is inside of me! Where does it fit in there?! It was moving and everything and it was just the oddest thing to watch. It's like I can't feel it move but I was seeing it move and it was so strange (in a good way!). Russ and I heard the heartbeat and they took a few pictures for us to take home. They made a guess on the sex of the baby but we will keep that a secret until next month when we can confirm it..... Our little baby was sitting indian style and it was not cooperating with the ultra sound technician.. Russ says "If it is not cooperating then it gets it from it's mother..." The ultrasound lady kept pushing on my tummy trying to turn it. (and then I had to pee, hahah) =-) But that was way exciting!

The further along I get the more real it becomes. Today when I could see the shape of the baby and the movement of the baby I felt like "wow, this is really happening". We are really going to have a baby. The more time that passes the more prepared I feel. I don't think I will every fully be prepared but I feel a little more at ease. I actually think it makes me less scared and more excited and happy for it as time goes by. But it still feels a little weird.... i do feel like there is an alien inside of me! Hahaha....I mean there is a living thing inside of my body...it's a concept I can't grasp yet...

I can't wait to see it's little Selena and Russ face!!! =-)

Here are the ultra sound pictures! Enjoy!

This is the scary skull picture....It looks like a monster! hahaha!
Cute little foot!

5 comments:

beckysue said...

Is it weird that Dr. Erickson has seen you, Allison and myself more than we have seen eachother...if you catch my drift???? LOL
He was my Dr. once upon a time, but I tend to ignore the post cards that come in the mail saying I need to come in for a check-up!!!

Oh well..there will be a day that I care :) and I can wait for that day to come oddly enough.

It is exciting that there really is a baby growing inside of you and I am glad that you will be here in AZ the whole time to experience it with everyone. I am shooting for you to have a girl, because they are fun to dress up, but if it is a boy, that is fun too!!!! Russ will have a mini "skills" to hang out with and I am sure his first word will be BUDDY!!!! I can't wait to see you as a mom.

Ian, Jessica, Halle, Camdyn, and Quinn! said...

SO SO happy for you guys! I am going to be honest, I am dying to know what crazy pregnant Selena is like. I consider myself to be a quite high maintenance pregnant woman and lets just say it wouldn't suprise me if you were a little of the same :) I'm sure Russ will rise to the occasion! :) I hope you are feeling well and I'm sure you are loving being at home near to family! Miss you guys!

Lindsey McLaughlin said...

Congrats Russ and Selena! I am so excited for you two and I know you will be such great parents and AWESOME FUN parents as well. Also I'm happy for you two for being able to move back to AZ. That's exciting! Maybe i'll see you around sometime when I come to AZ to visit. :)

Allison Barry said...

Oh I think she/he is so precious. I am so excited for you to feel it move!

Dr. Erickson is my man!!!

The McKernan Family said...

Dr.Erickson delivered Emma. He was really nice. So happy for ya girl!!