Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tis the season

Well Have have house and DANG IT we are going to decorate it for Christmas! I was so impressed when Russ one Saturday morning and went on the hunt for the Christmas lights for the house....He wanted the old school BIG bulb lights and we was determined to get them. How determined you ask? Determined enough to go to 5 or 6 stores to find them! Where did he end up getting them? Out of all the places he found some LED C9 bulbs at Walgreens! So random! So he asked his dad to come over and "supervise" as Doug put it. Basically he came over to give Russ the big ladder (since we currently d not own a ladder) and tell him when to do from the ground. Russ screwed in all the hooks and put our lights up on our house, even the second story! Go Russ!




Then on Saturday we had a family Christmas tree night! We all went out to a Christmas tree lot and picked out our trees. Yes we have a REAL pine smelling delicious tree! This is our first Real TREE! So we got the tree on Saturday and well....It's still outside in a bucket...it hasn't even made it inside yet. But it will (hopefully today!) I want to SMELL IT! and DECORATE IT!

I wanted a pick of the man who loaded our tree, he said "are you going to tag me on facebook?" haha....




Both Baby Brynn and Domino were there. Brynn stayed bundled up in her car-seat because it was SO COLD. And look what Russ is wearing....So typical of Russ (that is what he wore in the snow in Utah too.....he will never learn)



I inherited a bunch of Christmas decorations from my mom (thank you mom! love handmedowns!) And I decorated the whole house...It really wasn't a TON of decorations but when Russ came home he said "Whoa! It looks like Christmas just exploded in my house!" I don't think he is used to holiday decorations.....Anyways i am so excited for Christmas! I am listening to the music and getting into the holiday spirit! This is my favorite time of year (and i love that is is getting colder!!)

1 comment:

Allison Barry said...

I was hoping for a picture of your house Christmas lights turned on!