Friday, May 18, 2012

Eating REAL food (well kinda)

Ok, I have finally slowed down enough with my photography that I can get a couple personal blog posts done!  I need to catch up because little Brynn is growing up fast!  
Around 5 months Brynn was holding her own bottle.  Since she was young she always loved grabbing things while she was eating so it was only natural for her to want to grab her bottle.  She is not a pro yet and will drop it a few times while eating but we are proud of our little Brynn.  





Unlike a lot of people Russ and I were in NO hurry to feed Brynn solid foods.  I mean she eats formula ever 3 hours and is fine and content and she sleeps through he night so 
why mess with a good thing right?  
Well the big 6 month birthday came as we finally jumped into the world of baby food.  We first started rice cereal (yes I know, we just started feeding her this at 6 months, we are late bloomers) and then I went to the store and had no idea what I should be buying.  So I bought one of everything.  I bought rice cereal the regular and apple then looked over at the never-ending cute little glass containers full of solid food (will kinda solid) and there were so many to choose from, Yes, I did hear that we should start with the veggies so that is what we did.  Well the first time she tried rice cereal she hated it an gagged  Soooo funny!  Russ wasn't home and with his busy schedule I was not willing to wait any longer!  I did it without him but documented ever second of it.














Then it was daddy's turn to feed her.  It was funny watching this.  Getting that food in her mouth isn't really the easiest task!  =-)  




    After she got the hang of new foods and eating (and making lots of gag faces) she started to love it!  Her favorite foods right now are Apple rice cereal, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes and mangos!  Brynn is amazing.

1 comment:

sarah said...

Don't feel bad not starting her on food until 6 months, most babies don't start until then. Sounds like she has been sleeping thru the night for awhile, I am going to send my baby to your house to learn this nice trick :)