Thursday, August 16, 2012

I miss Utah.

It's something I never thought I would say.  EVER.  Since I moved to Utah I knew it was temporary.  That one day I would be able to move back home, Arizona.  The first year I lived there I found a great job, worked for great people and loved it.  Then I started making friends while I was there that  I miss so much!  I miss the leaves that change color in the fall and the flowers that pop up everywhere in the spring.  I miss the HUGE mountains and the canyon drives Russ and I frequently took.  I miss the "college" schedule, a little flexible with some summer and winter breaks when we could play!  I miss the nicklecade and the dollar movie (cheap fun) and the beautiful GREEN summers!  However I do NOT miss the snow and digging my car out of it and sliding around in the ice!  But it's weird that I do miss so many things about Utah because while I was there sometimes I just could not wait to get back to AZ.  But it did become a home to me and a place were Russ and I shared SO MANY fun memories!  (Before Brynn memories).

Soooo because of this weird homesickness for Utah I decided to make a trip back up to see all my friends and family!  I was not about to attempt to drive 10 hours by myself with a 7 month old so I brought my sister Lacey along for the ride.  Brynn did surprisingly well.  We took a few stops on the way up to let her stretch her legs.  When she got fussy, Lacey fed her and stuck her hand back there and Brynn seemed to like that. It was Brynn's longest road trip and she did pretty good!  

Here are a few highlights from the trip.


Ruthie gave Paul and I a birthday celebration!



 I miss all my FRIENDS!!!!


Brynn is making lots of new friends.






Lola and Ruby thought Brynn was a doll they could dress up...

She apparently is a bride.


Adding som lipstick.


Dont forget to curl her hair.


And then teach her how to hold a gun.  All important things.


Brynn is ready for her nap!


Auntie Lacey to the rescue!


Got to see Crystalee!!  She is the cutest!!!  Miss her!



Lola was showin me all her latest "poses"


This one has got to be my favorite.


Cousins!!!!!


Ruby took this picture.....not too shabby....


Brynn pulls herself up for the FIRST TIME EVER!!!!!



Such a big girl!


 Here are the poses again!


Ruby cracks me up!

My Brynn was so happy to play with her cousins all day long!




Vi and the old highlite gang!  Miss you guys so much!


Brynn apparently LOVED Mindy!!!!  


Jen and Dave!  You guys rock!  We miss our Sunday evening with yoU!




   BFFS



The blairs are the best!  I miss YOU TOOOOOO!


Having fun at Orem summer fest (and it was actually a little chilly?!  can you believe it!!??!  The great Utah summers!


Oh marcus....



Sisters!


The weeks!  Such a great family!  So glad I got to see everyone while I as therE!

Cute Brynn playing and dancing with elmo!



No comments: