Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Russ and I didn't have much planned for the 4th at first which made me pretty bummed. We didn't get invited to any BBQ's or swim party's or anything. So we were going to make our own plans. I love holidays and it didn't help that my dad called me from Phoenix telling me that all the fam was in town and that they were having a fun party/BBQ and swimming and riding horses ect.....thanks dad. Russ and I both had Saturday off which was a miracle in itself because we NEVER have Saturdays off together. So we slept in together, got up, got ready and went down to provo to the "freedom festival." There were little carnival rides set up along with a stage where there were people like mines and singers performing. There was lots of carnival junk food (which is my favorite!) and tents set up with all different types of things for sale. THey had the coolest posters on sale there. They are "Real hero posters" and you can get an animated Book of Mormon or Bible hero poster! They are pretty cool! Here are a few examples of Noah, Samuel the Lamanite, Lehi, Daniel, and David!







I have never seen anything like them before! I thought they were pretty cool!

Anyways, we met amy Marcus, and Lola down there and hung out for a bit. It was a little warm but way better than Phoenix! Amy was on her crutches so that was funny. It was a little hard for her to get around but she managed pretty well. We shopped around, ate and hung out there. We missed the parade but it was at 8 in the morning! There was no way we were getting up that early!

They always have rediculous things for sale at things like this. Here is Russ with a hat on that has fake blue and red hair on it. I thought they were kind of fun looking but I don't think Russ was very amused....
Here is amy and her crutches. haha. oh amy.....
There were some cool cars set up. Marcus chose to take a picture with this one....
Russ liked the mafia car...
And i liked the little buggy!
We got SNOW CONES!
I just thought this picture was funny with amy trying to keep up and marcus holding amy's purse.
Lola loved watching this jumpy thing in the background.
nice marcus.
Here is the lovers and there child.
It was getting hot after a while so Russ and I ducked into an office building and laid on the cold floor. IT FELT SO GOOD!

You can forget the Indian FRIED BREAD!


So we didn't have much of a plan for watching fireworks until our dearest friends the Atkins called us up with extra tickets to STADIUM OF FIRE! It's a pretty big show in Utah and we were lucky enough to get tickets! Thanks Roma and Mark! We absolutely loved it! They had She Daisy and the Jonas Brothers in concert with a fireworks show finale!




SheDasiy


Jonas Brothers!

Russ was pretty pumped for the Jonas Brothers!

I LOVE FIREWORKS!





And you are all probably wondering what this picture was all about. Well the parking was so BAD that we paid some guy $10 to park in his front yard. Well it looks like he made lots of muney because we came back to our car and we were completely boxed in. We had to wait for all the surrounding cars to get there first. LAMO!

But overall we had a great Fourth of july!

5 comments:

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

i love the 4th of july. however, i do not love most of these pictures that involve me. i look huge! what the heck!? it must be that wide-angled lense...?!
haha
stadium of fire is awesome...im jealous.

Allison Barry said...

hahaha Amy and her crutches. Oh man oh man oh man. I will be laughing at that for a loooooong time today. Um why is she so skinny while she's pregnant? I am SO glad I wasn't pregnant at the same time as her...I would have felt HUGE. Russ laying on the office floor reminded me of when you used to take outdoor naps in Flagstaff. I'm glad you two found each other.

Stacie Aho said...

I have to say, I was sitting here looking at your blog with MJ and he said "That's you mommy!" (to the picture of you and the buggy). Then I zoomed in and he said "That's Aunt Stacie!". Haha. I thought that was hilarious.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the freedom festival and the parade in Provo. We would always go to my grandma and grandpa Roth for the 4th-they lived in Provo (we would even drive across country for it!). I LOVE provo for the 4th- DO NOT be jealous of PHX-it was FLAMING!!!! Ooh poor amy!!

Dawn said...

glad you had a fun weekend! I have always wanted to go to the stadium of fire...lucky you! We went to Flag for the weekend to get out of the heat...had a good time. Loved the picture of Russ on the cold floor...sounded just like something he would do! Thanks again, Selena for your help with the family reunion pics and the pictures of Steve...you are terrific!