Thursday, July 9, 2009

we are going to the lake no matter what!

so my dear friend Davi invited Russ and I to go to the Utah lake last week! Russ has been dying to go to ANY lake this summer to wake-board and stuff. I think everyone we know goes to Lake Powell and Russ is just dying he wants to go so bad. I have never been a lake person, not that I don't like the lake, but I just don't have a lot of experience in going to the lake. I can't wake-board or ski or really anything. And Since Russ and I have been together i have NEVER seen him wake-board. So Davi planned a trip to the lake with us and a few of her friends and we were so so excited! Well of course the rain clouds rolled in and planned to ruin our amazing lake trip plan. It was sunny the day before and sunny the day after but on the day we plan to go it is rainy and gross. But we went anyways! The water was choppy and it was cold but still fun! Here are some pics, take a look for yourself. (ps. check out Russ's tan lines!)















at the end of the day russ says to me, "The water was really choppy! I just don't want you to think I suck! I'm much better than that!" haha, sweet sweet russ! love him! and i love davi too! (and codi and oakley and beckham!_

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those pictures of me are U-G-L-Y!! I love the one of cody though he looks a little wasted!! hahaha. We had fun, we will get you guys out again and so Russ can really show us what he is made of!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I have seen RUSS in his Prime at Powell and he could really tear it up..but I think my favorite thing is that he has a SERIOUS farmers tan...you know you are a married nerd when you have a farmers tan!!! Try the kneeboard, that is F-U-N!!!! The Sorensen tried to teach me to drop a ski and all I did was eat water.oooh tubing is a blast too!

beckysue said...

Ummm nice farmers tan Russ!!!!!!!!! I have one too so no worries...I really need to go to the lake. Good thing I am going to the beach and Lake Tahoe soon...jealous?????? Jk I would invite you guys if I could, but I will be thinking of you as I am getting darker and darker. Selena you know how I tan...you saw me last summer after hawaii!!!!!!

Veronica said...

Looks like you guys are having the beautiful weather now..The scenary looks pretty there.

Allison Barry said...

I love how he had to make sure you knew he was good at wakeboarding. His tan is quite amazing.

Dawn said...

I'm so glad that you got to go...I know Russ really misses going to Lake Powell! That's cool that you have friends that have a boat! Hopefully you can go another time when the water is better...and maybe even try it yourself, Selena!