Monday, July 6, 2009

My husband is better than yours.....

Ok so you know when you have a baby and you think your baby is the most beautiful baby and everyone else's baby can't be nearly as cute as your own? well I don't have a baby but I think the same thing about my husband. He's way better than everyone else's =-)

Happy one year to us!

So I must say that I had the greatest 1 year anniversary ever! Russ way overdid himself!!! So I worked all day and got off around 5 and I was driving home to my sweet husband who had planned the whole night for us! Our anniversary fell on a Sunday so we decided to go out on Friday to celebrate! So I was just minding my business driving home when i saw THIS!


(It said "happy one year selena" i took this picture a few days later so some of the cups had fallen off)

It was written above the freeway so everyone could see! It made my heart jump! It was so fun! I loved it! So i got home and we got ready to go out. I didn't have a clue what we were doing because i LOVE surprises so Russ wanted the whole night to be a surprise (and I told him I wanted him to plan it, it's my turn next year) So we left and we went ice-skating! We have never been ice-skating together before so it was a fun and new experience! I fell twice and I accidentally tripped Russ and he fell once too. But It was way fun!







I never knew Russ could skate backwards or that he could skate as good as he could! It was like learning new things about each other still after a year of marriage!

Then after that Russ got CRAZY! he blindfolded me, put me in the car and had me put my earphones to my i-pod in so that i couldn't see or hear anywhere we were going! He made a few stops on the way and I thought I was going to go crazy because i was blindfolded for 20-30 mins!! We finally arrived at our destination and he pulled the blindfold off an WHA LA he had got us a hotel room lit with candles and a candle light dinner! he picked up Olive Garden and he barrow a table, chairs, and a table cloth and set up our Olive garden.






It was such a wonderful surprise! Since we couldn't get away for our anniversary, he made a mini vacation for us at a hotel just blocks from our house. But it truly felt like a vacation! We went in the hot tub, watched tv (we don't have cable) and just didn't think about anything for the night. It was great! He did way too good this year! I can't compete!

I had his ring engraved for our anniversary and it said "6-28-08 I love you More" and when I walked into our room I read this message on the wall....



It was so so great! GOOD JOB RUSS! I just had the best anniversary ever ever ever! I even had a beautiful sunset!!! It could not have been any better!






On Sunday our REAL anniversary day I planned a sweet scavenger hunt and picnic for us. Russ did not know what I had in store for him but I had made these little rhymes to help him find each of his destinations. When he went to each of the places there awaited another clue and a gift for him! It was pretty fun! We went to his work (he got cd's because he drives a lot at work) Blockbuster (he got a few movies), the Nicklecade (yes i got him a video-game), Amy's house (he got a shirt there because we always do our laundry over there) and the last one was the park where we had a picnic and I showed him the video I made for him. It was a fun day!









What an amazing year we have had together! I can't wait for all the years to come! I love you russ! thanks so much! You are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

The Curthoys Family said...

He just might be better then most... He's a keeper. Condgrats...You make my life look so boring...STOPPP...lol Have fun when you can it keeps your marriage healthy...

Anonymous said...

WOW, he is amazing and not a loser anymore!! You guys are so cute Congrats on your first year. ps Im glad you went to the stadium of fire but Salina is better!!!

The Henricksen Journal said...

I did not even know you were married. So fun to catch up on your life. Thanks for posting! (Aunt Gail - Jessica's crazy aunt at the wedding in Cali)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Sooo he is NOT realted to Dan in the skating department....Dan stinks at ice skaitng which makes no sense since he is fabulous on every other type of ski and skate!!! He HATED our date to the rink...I skated cricles around him!! ha ha ha HOWEVER isn;t it all the sweeter whne they go all out...because I KNOW it is just as hard for Russ to spend money on non-necessity's, so when they do it means all the more!!! They are necessary. Happy ONE--we had to find a babysitter for our 3 month old baby for our 1st anniversary...can you imagine? ha ha ha LOVE IT!

Mindy said...

oh gosh I love russie poo!

Dawn said...

Wow...Russ...great job! And Selena, what a fun scavenger hunt...and I loved your video! Looks like you had a great weekend! Thanks for sharing a little of it with us! Congrats again to you both..keep trying each year to make it better...and it will be!