Monday, January 11, 2010

once there was a snow man....

Well one day before Christmas Russ and I decided to build a snowman. It was about 11:00 at night and it was raining, but we were in the Christmas spirit so we did it anyways! We called our friends Paul and Ruthie to come help us. When they arrived, Russ and I were packing on the snow handfuls at a time. Paul and Ruthie looked at us weirdly and showed us how building a snowman was really done! Little did us Arizonians know that to build a snowman you roll the snow on top of itself and a big ball will form. We felt like retards. I only thought that was in the movies. HAHA. After They showed us that trick Russ went on a snowman RAMPAGE. We built 3 pretty impressive snowman and a baby snowman too. All in all it was a pretty successful night.













6 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

I LOVE that you didn't know that either. I felt so stupid when I found out (just last year). Seriously. That's why I never made snowmen as a kid when we'd visit the snow. It took to dang long!
haha.

sarah said...

That is funny! Michael had to give me the same lesson once, what do I know I grew up in Az :)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I still think that story is so funny every time I hear it--my favorite parts of the snowmen are the bits of leaves all inside!

Mollie Photo said...

poopy snowman

Michael said...

hahahahaah!~ you guys crack me up! love the fun you have together...

Dawn said...

What a hilarious story! I guess that's one thing we forgot to teach our children...so I'm sure Russ is not the only one that didn't know! What fun pics! So glad you finally learned how to build a snowman...you certainly had lots of snow to do it with!