Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back to real life....

I was looking at my old blog books that russ has made me and I used to be so much better at blogging Well....I'm going to try and be a good blogger again! Here is the update on our lives!

Well we are back in Utah and it's nice to be home at our own house. I do miss Arizona and my family and friends already though. The weather is beautiful and I got to spend a week with good ol Becky! She drove up with me (and my friend Merinda too!) and so I wasn't lonely on the drive back to Phoenix (we had to drive 2 cars). It makes the trip go by a lot faster too (even though Russ the leader took a few wrong turns on the way back) =-)

Well The Utah sunsets are not as good as Arizona sunsets I have decided. We left Arizona at it's prime monsoon weather time. I took a few of these before I left, they were just AMAZING sunsets.....I would be out with Russ and I would say "Look at how beautiful the sunset is!!?!?"


Now I have lots of catching up to do so I am going to try and blog everyday till I am caught up! We will see if I can handle it!

We had to clean out our fridge when we got back.....After being gone for 2 and a half months you really need to throw lots away! We tried to do that before we left but it looks like this cheese was hiding from us. It was nice and moldy when we found it....


Russ and I are having a hard time remembering what we used to do with just the 2 or us. For a while there we always had other people to talk to and we had Russ' Favorite.... CABLE TELEVISION. Just a little side note here. Russ LOVED to watch TV and fall asleep to it almost every single night when we were in Phoenix. His favorite channel is TRU TV and his favorite late night show was Forensic Files..... We got in a few fights over him constalty falling asleep because when I have to wake him up to come to bed he is one grumpy man! I left him alone one night on the couch because I did not want to wake him! Boy I am glad I don't have to do that anymore!



So anyways, we went on a drive to the dollar store and decided that we were going to pick up some face mask stuff and have a facial and watch the XFILES. It was pretty fun, I haven't done one of those for a long time now.








It's nice to be home in our own bed and our own house. Back to real life is hard though. I had an interview on Monday and started working on Tues. I feel so blessed to be able to find a job so quickly but getting back to work after a few months of relaxation is HARD.

Oh and Russ just told me today that he got a job too! He is working custodial again at BYU! Good job Russ! Well that is the update so far. There will be more blogs where this came from!

1 comment:

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Congrats on Russ's job... I am sure someone will snag you up soon Selena!!
Yes Az sunsets are nice...but Californias are better ha ha!!
I am so glad I took those pics of Russ sleeping with the remote in his hand... man's best friend? Anyway it was HILARIOUS....
I have not watched any x files in a LONG time... I remeber a nasty monkey thing that lived in his brothers stomack and went around eating humans. Pretty sure that gave me nightmares and I wouldnt walk around int he dark ha ha ha
Well miss ya.... see you soon. Be there like the 7th to the 16th..so save some time for me!