Thursday, August 26, 2010

Married 2 years and still kickin

Well our anniversary was in June but we celebrated it in July and I will blog about it in August......





Wow, how time fly's by! 2 whole years! I can still remember when Russ and I started dating (I still say to him "remember when you used to do this when we were dating? You don't do that anymore...." haha) I will be sad when we are old and I can't remember those memories that vividly anymore. But that is why I have a journal (when we were dating I wrote about him in my journal almost every single day!) Any whoo, we wanted to get out to celebrate our anniversary.

My first plan was to DISNEYLAND!! I have bee ichting to go there for a while now and we have never been out there to go yet. I don' think Russ has gone since we was real young. I love it and it's a fun couples place. Well that plan got changed and we ended up going FISHING!

We went up to Flag (the second love of my life) and stayed in the new Drury Hotel on the campus of my old stomping ground NAU. I already Tell Russ stories about my college days and he told me that I was one day in the future going to bore my children to death, driving through flagstaff and telling stories about my good ol college days.

We drove up to Flagstaff Saturday morning and it rained to whole way up!
I LOVED IT!




We got to Flagstaff, went to Walmart to get our fishing licenses and then went to my favorite sandwich place of all time.....


So then we headed out to Lake Mary to start our fishing extravaganza!!!


So we set up on the side of the lake, with our cooler, camping chairs and fishing poles. It was a little chilly and rained off and on through out the day. It was such a peaceful beautiful day, just hanging out looking across the lake to the beautiful scenery around us.

It was so relaxing.




Relaxation soon turned into frustration.

We had fished half the day without a fish in sight. You would think coming from a family of fly fisherman that Russ would know a thing or to about fishing. We it turns out he doesn't. We had to get some tips from Russ dad before we left so we would know kind of what we were doing. But we still had a few problems here and there, we got our lines caught out on the shore a few times and Russ was sweet enough to go and and try and rescue them!

Look at those sexy legs!






We really wanted to catch a FISH! As Russ dad would say "Fishing is not about catching a fish, if it was then it would be called catching!" But to us IT WAS ALL ABOUT CATCHING A FISH! We tried different baits, spinners, nightcrawlers and still NO LUCK!


The sun was starting to set and we were just about to pack up camp when the UNEXPECTED HAPPEND!!!

I CAUGHT A FISHHHHH!!!!!

It was about the size of my index finger but it was a REAL LIVE FISH! I WAS SOOOOOO EXCITED! It was so small I thought I had a tug but I wasn't sure and sure enough I caught a little baby fish! I was scared to unhook him so russ did it for me.


That was all I needed. I fished allllll ddayyyyy lloooonngg for this tiny little fish but it was still fun. Don't think Russ went home empty handed. He did catch a crawfish (but he accidentally pulled off his pincher. I was really sad).


So we really had lots and lots of fun. It was so nice to get away and spend some time together by ourselves. Next time we will catch lots of fish! (but we didn't need to catch a fish to have fun with each other) Happy 2 years babe! I love you!





6 comments:

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Love the picture of you fishing!
ok first off the title should not be you caught a fish....its more like a Sardines ha ha ha
The video of Russ licking the camera is gross ha ha
Guess he needs to get tips from his Dad about not getting your line caught?
Russ Love your Sexy legs! brave guy for showing them off ... going to admit kinda skanky though rolling up the shorts lol
Anyway it looks like fun Happy Anniversary guys LOVE YOU!

Allison Barry said...

You guys are still pretty sweet to each other. Devin and I need lessons from you guys. How do you accidentally pull off a pincher?

Those are some gross legs, I'm sorry Russ. I think all man legs are gross though.

Costley Images said...

I Want to be you.

Becky said...

I think that Russ' legs are just as bad as his manscaped belly button lol...jk Russ. Love you Guys!!!!!!

Cody said...

OH MY GOSH! I laughed so hard at Russ' legs and your fish catch!

Dawn said...

Loved the pics of the fish and crawdad...so glad you finally caught something! But the best thing is that you "caught" each other and that you're still "swimming together" after two years...and hopefully for years to come! Happy Third Year!
Hope things are going well as you start another semester!