Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Drum roll please..........



Well here is the big news.

WE ARE PREGNANT.

It's feels so weird. It doesn't quite feel real. I can't really imagine being a mom yet. It's freaky to think that there is something growing inside me. I feel like there is an alien in there or something. hahaha. But I am very excited. We have been trying since January so it didn't really take very long to get pregnant.

Man it is going to be fun to see a little mini Selena or Russ.

It's going to be even more fun to see Russ as a DAD
(and see him change some poopy diapers, hahaha).

There will be lots of changes coming up here soon.
Russ is graduating, we are moving to Arizona, Russ will be looking for new jobs, we will be looking for a place to live (possibly a house) and we will be having a baby. Wish us luck with that! I am ready for the new adventures that await us!

THE STORY!

Last Saturday I had a rough day at work. I was stressed and grumpy. I had a busy, stressful, and not so good day. I worked 11 hours and left around 9:30pm. Looking forward to crashing at home with my hubby, I call Russ to see what he is doing. I had no idea that he was at BYU in a lab doing homework. So I was upset that he was not home and that I had such a crappy day. So what did I do? I went to Cold Stone. I got my oatmeal cookie batter mixed with banana and mix in coconut (my fav right now) and waited about a half hour to get it. Ok that made things a TINY bit better. On my way home I was passing a Walgreens, I was already about 2 days late on my period so i stopped to get a pregnancy test. I got home and took one. I have taken a few pregnancy tests in my day (all negative) and this time I waited the allotted 2 minutes and i saw a line I have never seen before.
POSITIVE.
Here is the first picture I took of it on my phone.



I immediately texted this pictures to Russ with a caption that said "hhhuuuummmmmmmm".

This was his response back.
"Hahahahahaha.......Oh buddy........"

that is so russ isn't is? haha

He came home right away and we were both really excited!

How do we tell everyone? That is our next question!?! Russ addressed the issue of waiting to tell people in case of miscarriage ect but if you know me I can NOT wait and i CANNOT hold something like this inside of me. So of course I needed to tell people right away. We wanted to be creative and to catch people off guard. So we decided to make a video and send it to everyone. Something kind of random but I think it worked really well. Here you guys go. Check out our video we made for family and friends. We just emailed it to everyone!!!



When I told my parents I just said "Hey check out this funny video Russ and I made!" and we watched them over skype and filmed there reaction. I think it is so funny that they all had such blank expressions. they were trying to comprehend what they just heard! hahaha!


Now of course I am telling the world. We hope and pray for a healthy HAPPY baby and we can't wait! I have yet to go to the doctor but i did one of those due date calendar things online and it says around November 4th! They funnest thing about this whole thing is that I will be near my family and friends! I can't wait!
I love you Russ! I'm so excited to start our family!






23 comments:

Waters Family said...

yeah congrats!!! i am so excited for you! and that picture of you putting the pregnancy test in your mouth...didnt you just pee all over that? GROSS Selena. Well he is going to be one cute kid and I say "he" because boys are the best! Congrats guys! See you down here soon with a prego bump!

Ian, Jessica, Halle, Camdyn, and Quinn! said...

Yayayayay! So excited for you two, you will make a beauty, that's for sure....she'll be awesome! I say it's a girl for the same reason Leigh Ann says it's a boy! ;)

beckysue said...

Yes, I have commented on everyone of your posts that you just added, but I told you I would didnt I?!?!

Anyways, um I love one of the pics of Russ, where he has the wide eyes...so Russ!!!! And oh yeah his reaction, totally sounded like him too...OH BUDDY!!!

You guys look so happy and that makes me happy :) I cannot wait for the little Selena and Russ combo to come :) lets just hope that it doesnt look like the one that you guys created from that combining image website, it was the one from a long time ago hahaha jk, your baby will be so cute and I am sure of that!

Michelle said...

Yay!! Congrats, lady! I am so excited for you! I love that you made that video to tell everyone too... you are going to be a great mommy!

Chloe said...

WOOOHOOO!!!! Haha oh Selena, you are so funny. That video was strange. But I loved it! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Also, I think I saw Russ on campus one time.... But I felt like a creep so I didn't say anything to him. Haha.

Veronica said...

How exciting!!!! Congrats!!! So glad you will be here in phoenix when baby is born..Josh is a Nov. baby!!! See you soon!!!

Nick Sorensen said...

Selena,

I already called russ and told him how radical that video was. Genius idea. I was dying. DYING. too funny.

Congrats!

Here come the awkward pregnant pictures.

Allyson said...

Congrats Selena! I love all your pictures of you guys posing with the pregnancy tests. You should have had Russ pee on one...just to be sure.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Selena, I am SO EXCITED for you guys! You two will make wonderful parents! I was seriously giddy when I read this post! Isn't it so weird when you see a positive show up on the pregnancy test! I remember it feeling very surreal! I am so happy you are going to be in Phoenix around family too when you have your baby! What perfect timing! Congrats again! So great!!!

Robert and Becky said...

Congratulations!!! It's funny the way you explained how odd it is to be pregnant cuz that is the way I felt when I first got pregnant you just can't quite wrap you mind around the fact that you are growing a person. I am so excited for you guys. That is going to be one beautiful baby!

Mollie Photo said...

Selena. i laughed so hard at that video. my bladder was in utter distress but i couldn't stop watching to go to the bathroom. i only peed a little in my pants so don't worry.

I can NOT wait for our babies to be bestestestestestest friends :))) YAAAYYYYYYYY

Allison Barry said...

Holy cow 11 comments already?! People love babies! Especially Russ and Selena babies!!! I am so very excited for you I can hardly stand it. Behold the most photographed baby in the world. I can't wait to be there when he or she is born!!!!

I LOVE that you are wearing our sweatshirt in those pictures. I was just wearing it the other day.

Russ reaction of "Oh Buddy" was great. Haha. Russ. Your future kids' first word is going to either be "dude" or "buddy."

Anonymous said...

Selena and Russ. that video cracked me up. Good Job and CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting. Love from Shelley (Mollie's mom)

Julie said...

Congratulations! So happy for you!!!

Brian and Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian and Catherine said...

That is soo exciting!! Congratulations!

Brian and Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacie Aho said...

This is so awesome!! You guys crack me up. That video seriously rocks. Merritt and I need to go make one. CONGRATS!! You guys will be great parents!!!

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Can I get a WHOOP WHOOP!!! Its about time! Your not getting any younger ha ha ha ha. Loved MOM and DADs reaction ..HILARIOUS.... Loved the video you made for us all. Very creative! Now get FAT so we can SEE YOUR BELLY!
Russ your going to be gaining more sympathy weight right? Notice how i said more ha ha ha No MORE SIPS FOR YOU.....OR SHOULD I SAY NO MORE BITES ha ha ha oh man I crack myself up.

Really though I am sitting here laughing.

Congrats. LOVE> YOU >GUYS

Brad and Whit said...

Oh Selena!!! I am so happy for you!!! And you know what??? I am happy that you told everyone and didn't wait! I DO NOT regret telling everyone because it is some of the most exciting news in the world and it's fun to tell everyone and celebrate a new life and a new little person! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Coco said...

I have two things to say.

1. Congratulations

2. It was nice knowin' ya.

Tom said...

Congratulations. Your video is a very funny.

sarah said...

Yay for you guys!!! That is so exciting, I can't wait to meet the cutest, most photographed baby ever :)
Loved the videos, but my favorite part was Reese sitting in my lap repeating the phrase "so freaking cold," She was watching the video with me :)