Tuesday, March 8, 2011

WPPI VEGAS BABY!

I am so glad it worked out for me to go to Vegas with Russ this year! I love going to the WPPI convention in Vegas! (photo convention) It is so much fun! It is motivating and inspiring. It's a great way to start off the new year! Russ classes got canceled so he was able to drive up with me. It was a very short trip, left monday night got back tues evening. But i was able to go to a few classes and the trade show out there. I got to se my LOVE Jerry (i will get to him in a bit) and have a nice quick vacation.

Well when we go there Tues night we checked into our hotel and I Russ and I were hungry. We knew there was a Chipotle on the strip so we decided to go walk the strip to find it. We stayed at the Excalabar and little did we know Chipotle was on the OPPOSITE end of the strip. It was a LOOONG walk. My feet were KILLINg (i wore flip flops, bad shoes) and i got blisters. It's one of those things that we walked so far we just had to go the whole way......


We got 2 queen beds instead of a king bed and our room was at the VERY end of this MASSIVELY long hallway!



Here we are on the vegas strip.




Russ forgot to wear his jacket so as we were walking he was super cold. He found a way to get warm, but he looked like an armless man!




Then we FINALLY MADE IT TO CHIPOTLE!!!!




The next day I got up early and attended Jerry Ghionis Class in the morning. He is one of my FAVORITE photographers of all time right now. He really knows his stuff. Love him. Russ met up with me and we went tot he trade show. I love the trade show. I get to see all kinds of new products and things for photographers. It is great.





russ looks so nerdy in this picture. hahahaha.
can't forget the kubota man!
The convention was held at the MGM Grand.

And last but not least, Jerry Ghionis. Russ got to see him at the trade show too ( a little mini class) and Russ likes him too. We have this new phrase in our house "what would Jerry do?" haha, he is awesome. If you don't know him know him. Check him out here. He will change your life. hahaha.

1 comment:

beckysue said...

So, Russ does look like a nerd for sure...but I cant say that I am not jealous...I would take his place as the nerd just to be at WPPI in a heartbeat. Last year when we went, I had a blast and I am sure that it was totally worth it to go to the class and trade show. Um when we are both making millions next year, lets go, deal?