Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's day to everyone!  I can't believe I am going to be the mother of 2 soon!  It really seems unreal!  I know I am pregnant, I know we are having another girl, but I haven't really thought about it much.  Like it's not really real until she is born.  I don't think I can wrap my brain around that idea yet.  Going from 1 to 2 kids is going to rock my world!  Brynn was such an easy baby I am pretty sure we are going to get a run for our money with this next one.

Thinking about my own mother I only hope I can be half the mom she was.  She really is such a selfless person and gives everything she has to her children.  She has made so many sacrifices.  I have much to learn but hope my children will feel my love and know I will drop anything to make them happy.

Brynn had a fever on Mother's day so we kept her home from church.  Even on Mother's day duty calls....haha.  Russ made me a very sweet video of Brynn and I that I love!  We visited family and gave our moms a few gifts.  With lots of sewing help from Brooke I made an apron for my mom that I love!  Turned out so cute!  All the grand-kids hand prints are on it.  I just love it. 

On Monday my mom took all her girls and her mom out for dinner at Paradise Bakery and shopping at Charming Charlies (cutest place ever!)  I may or may not have spent more than the gift card she gave me.  =-)  It was such a great girls night out!  We celebrated Mother's Day by leaving the kids at home!  haha!

I remember specifically thinking after having Brynn that I enjoyed being a mom more than I thought.  Not that I thought I would not like it but your children joys are your joys.  They make you laugh and entertain you, and snuggle you!  It's kind of like having a puppy at first.  haha, but a very smart fast growing puppy!  I love being Brynn's mom and she is the greatest daughter ever.  She is independent, strong willed, stubborn, smart, curious, active, a dancing queen, happy and silly.  She loves her mommy more than her daddy and is obsessed with books.  She likes to feed Domino, ride her tricycle, draw with chalk, play in the water, put mommy's chapstick on, get into everything, baths and being naked, jumping in the lovesack, watching The Lorax, eating fruit snacks and crackers, playing with her baby dolls, and she loves nursery.  She is a good girl and we can't wait to give her a sister she can play with!

I added a funny crying photo of Brynn....Motherhood at it's finest right?  She just learned how to say no today.  Oh geeezzzzz......





No comments: