Sunday, January 25, 2009

Want to hear the news?

Ryan PROPOSED!!!!



AND SHE SAID YES!!!!!

He is now engaged to an amazing girl, Bri Ashley Ward.  We LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!  



He just proposed Saturday night and I'm so happy for them.  Living with a house full of girls Ryan knows he better get a good one because all of his sisters will have a say in it.  =-)  But he really did get a great catch!  Good job Ryan and congrats to you both!

So here is what went down.  Ryan took Bri to "THe Roof"  (a nice restaurant in Salt Lake that overlooks Temple Square) for dinner reservations at 7.  Then they took a romantic carriage ride around the city where the sparks just started flying.  Bri started to suspect something all night.  Ryan tried to mislead her all week and told her that he was saving money for the ring ect when he really had already bought it.  So of course he was dodging questions and things all night trying to keep the night going according to plan.  They drove back to Orem and then called us to come over to play "video games" (sounds romantic right)  so of course Bri's hopes for a pretty ring on her finger were crushed for the night.  Little did she know that earlier that day ryan "went to work"  but came over to Russ and I's house for her little surprise.  We were setting up a tent for his special night right in our driveway, so unexpected.








I had work off and so I helped him set up this tent and the decor on the inside! The plan was to take her over our house to hang out after a nice night together (which they come over all the time so it was nothing out of the ordinary) and our landlord's conveniently had a party that night. So Russ told ryan on the phone that the neighbors had put a tent in our driveway (they live above us) so bri would see it and think nothing of it. So you walk in and on the inside wall of the tent was "i love you" written out with pictures of them.



 There was a trail of rose petals and hearts leading the way to a table sitting in the middle of the tent.


There were candles, roses, a framed pictures of them and a music jewelry box sitting on top of it.

There was a little note on top of the jewlry box that said....

Inside the jewlry box was a ring box.  But no ring.  only a sweet note.  So while she is fixed on the note reading it Ryan gets out the real ring box, gets on one knee and pops the question!  It was so cute.  And her ring is beautiful!

So that is the exciting news! I just can't wait! You will be hearing more as things progress. They are thinking getting married in July but nothing for sure yet. HOORAY FOR RYAN AND BRI!!! WHOO HOO! THey are very cute together. WE LOVE THEM. THE END.





8 comments:

Allison Barry said...

how does this have 0 commments so far??? i am so excited for little Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe Bri is the girl i didn't introduce myself to over Thanskgiving. Bri, if you're reading this, congratulations and HI, I'm Allison. Nice to meet you!!! Bri is just beautiful and will fit in great with the Reids.

Stacie Aho said...

That is so cute. What an adorable proposal. Congratulations :)

(I was thinking maybe you were going to say you're pregnant!) ;)

Costley Images said...

OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ryan definitely does not mess around.... How freaking cute was that night. I just love him. and Bri seems PERFECT for him. I wanna go to the wedding and eat cake with youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. :)

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Ryan called me and told me how he did it! What a cute brother we have! I love all the pics! HE DID SUCH A GOOD JOB...AND THE RING....... WOW IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY! I told Ryan it payed off having ALL sisters growing up! He knows girls like NICE BIG rings...or just DIAMONDS in general ha ha ha ! But for the record.I blogged about it first...on Sat night after he called me !!! haha

Also it was such a bummer he happened to do it the weekend after I left !! Geez I missed it by a week !

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

haha...i love how stacie said she was thinking that you were going to say you were pregnant! im not going to lie, this morning when i got your text that said, "check my blog!!" the thought crossed my mind for a second that maybe you were preggers! and then there was a couple days ago when you said, "i have something to tell you!" in a text, as well. stop leading me on...

anyways, CONGRATS RYAN AND BRI! I'm glad Bri will sort of be a part of my family now..not really , but kind of. i really like her. and ryan too...

The Stradlings said...

Hi, I am Briana's sister and I just wanted to say I love your blog! It is nice to be able know what's going on, even if it's not from her. Great job and you take awesome pictures!

Amber

The Sorensen Bunch said...

SIL's are the coolest!!! Congrats

Lindsey Hansen said...

Yipee! I am so excited for both of them! I'm so glad to know both of them. :)