Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Merry Christmas in warm ARIZONA!

Well I have LOTS AND LOTS TO BLOG!!!  

Lets see where so i even start!  Well lets start from the top.  Russ and I are fortunate to get away to our favorite place Arizona.  Thanks to my wonderful employers (they take care of me)  I was able to take this time off to go and really spend some time at home.  The funny thing is that I never used to get home sick until now.  But I have always had the breaks from school to come home and see family and friends.  But I have also lived with all of my bestest friends all through college, so who need family when you got friends right?  haha.  But since i have been in utah far away from family and friends (except my little sweet amy) I have been a real lonely girl.  And you know what that means?  It means Russ has to hang out with me 24/7.  As if I'm not obsessed with him enough already but this just makes it worse.  I'm sure Russ liked the break from me haha.  

So back to business.  We came home for Christmas and of course did last minute Christmas shopping.  We got to sleep in and have a worry free vacation!  Its so nice not be be in the real world for a bit and just enjoy life.  Even thought it was relaxing it was still a pretty busy vacation.  Christmas day alone we went to Russell's families house for Christmas morning (which was very fun for me!)  then back to my house to open a fe stocking presents then to a Suns game with my family (which they lost at the last second!!  UGH it hurt my heart!)  and then back to my house to finish unwrapping our gifts and then back to Russell's house for dinner and mine for the night.  It is sooo soo soooo nice to have both our families so close but so so busy!  It was such a fun Christmas with both of our families.  Can i just say how lucky I am so marry ino such a fun family!  I really LOVE the Sorensens!  They are such a funny bunch.  

So before I start the millions of pictures Russ and I want to list the things we love about Arizona....

- The rain smells amazing.
- It's WARM!
- The street light are far apart and the roads are better constructed.
- Our family and friends are there.
- There are lots of things to do.
- Everyone is not a young mormon family raising 15 kids and the moms still look hot. (me and amy are anti this)
- We like the suns (the jazz suck)
- We like going to the lake
- We like the Desert
- The speed limits are 40 mph
- There are cooperate businesses not mom and pop shops
- The freeways have lights
- The nearest Chipotle is not a half an hour from my house
- and last but not least THERE IS NO SNOW!!!

After that I would like you to take a look at what Utah looks like right now.  I HATE THIS WEATHER!


This is Russells mad "i hate this face"  after I draged him out in the snow in shorts to take pictures with me....
UP TO MY KNEES!!!


Can you imagine driving in this.  it SUCKS!


I shoveled that driveway thank you very much.  First time ever!



This morning I was backing out my my driveway and I got stuck in the snow.  I had to go get my sick landlord to help me out.  I hate this.


Lacey with something to do with batman and her obsession with christian bale and heath leadger...
Ryan reading a book called "the encyclopedia of Immaturity"
Thanks brooke for the winter warm stuff!
Bri snuggling up in her new robe!
Dawn "tearing up"  That was my only goal this year.  Get one of the moms to cry.  
Doug showing off his new saw sign
Clint really enjoying time with the family......
Lola just loved her new elmo.  She was strangling it all day.
The lovely Kerri and her new "scrubs" dvd season.
Scott really liked this one!
Russ and his sweet pj bottoms.  thank you to whoever bought these for him.  All he ever does is walk around in his underwear.... he need to put some clothes on.

This is probaby marcus opening the watch he bought for himself...
Wow amy.  that is some face you got there.
These are the morning faces at the Reid Residence.....Mom and her nice bracelet.
Dad wins the "morning face contest"  I think he is impersonating Michael Jordan
Russ and his shoesies
Merry Christmas (there was a worse "morning picture' of me but we all know that would scare the neighbors....
Ryan.  he just woke up.  don't mind him.

the oarentals.  mom will love this one...
Lacey could be mistaken for a flesh eating zombie here.
Merry Christmas!
The Mullaly's!
And Madison found her chapstick....



Anyways, I have tons of pictures from our trip down there and this was just christmas morning.......there are many blogs to come.........so keep checking.....




5 comments:

Costley Images said...

i love your fam. i miss you!!!!!!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Those capture X-mas Morn perfectly!!!! Madison is NOT suppose to be that cute in the MORNING!!!

Allison Barry said...

man i'm so sad i didn't get to see your family even once while you were here. and i love scott's present opening face. that makes me want to go out and buy him something right now.

Dawn said...

What a good sport, Russ...to go out and help Selena take pictures in the snow!!! (ha-ha...I loved his face!) Great pictures of Christmas morning! I'm glad you didn't get any of us just after we woke up! Thanks for sharing!

Russ said...

wow. I just realized i LOVE these pictures of christmas morning. They are hilarious and so are the captions. You are amazing. I love love love love you! and i love these pictures. they are awesome.