Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!

Well at my work at gardner village (http://www.gardnervillage.com/) they have a huge event where there are around 10,000 woman come dressed up as WITCHES! It's a very bizarre event if you ask me but it gave me an excuse to dress up as a witch (Which i loved of course!) The Day Spa by my work did "witch makeovers" for $10 so I went over there and got a full witch makeover and fake eyelashes and a rhinestone mole to top it off. I got my outfit at savers, found the PERFECT dress that had black velvet roses on it (like DEAD flowers). I found it in the prom dress section and I could not believe that it was an actual formal dress because immediately when i saw it i thought "witch." I feel sorry for the person who wore it for real. I got some lace gloves, a purple boa, and some purple tool fabric to dress it up. We had a "Haunted Studio" to be festive and I was "Seleenda the Witch" for the night. It was a lot of fun. I borrowed a smoke machine and strobe light to add to our haunted studio. I had some little girls come up to me and told me that I was the nicest witch they have ever met. And we actually had a few kids that were crying and didn't want to enter our Haunted Studio. It really wasn't that scary. but I gave her a sucker and it seemed to help. Anyways If you guys are ever in the Utah area around this time of year it is definitely something I would recommend to come and check out! Here are a few pics of me and my friend Ruthie who came and my bosses Mindy and Marc!



7 comments:

Allison Barry said...

OH

MY

GOSH

I wasn't expecting you to be green!!! GO ALPHABA!!!!

Your cheekbones look rockin!!!

Dawn said...

I love it! I remember coming up there last year with Amy and Lola and we went to see you, and all of us ate lunch together and I took pictures of all the witches! And now you are one!!! Figuratively speaking of course...seriously...it is a great costume!

Mollie Photo said...

my mom said you looked SOOOO CUTE! :)

beckysue said...

I love the lips!!!! Red hot :)

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Oh fun...10 bucks for someone to do your makeup and eyelashes..not bad.. I want it done !! And maybe that dress has been at savers for years lol and I love the lace gloves !! I wonder if Lana would be scared with all the witches ??


**Lana saw the pic of you dressed as a witch and she did not know who you were at first lol

Anonymous said...

Love! Wish I could have worked withces with you............No, Im glad I had it off! You and mindy look hot!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

oh my kids already think I am one...maybe I should come up for the witch festival next year! you look like a FAB one!