Thursday, October 29, 2009

Classic Pumpkin Carving and more

Work has been crazy this time of year so I have not really had the desire to blog or look at blogs or facebook or do anything lately that has to do with the computer (which is very bizarre). Russ has been pretty busy with school, he's had a lot of projects he's had to work a lot of hours on this semester. This is what he looks like for most of the evening.



His XBOX BROKE, he doesn't know what to do with his life since he got the "red ring of death." He sent it in to get it fixed but he doesn't know what to do to "relax." He pre-ordered the new Call of Duty game and now he won't even be able to play it right when it comes out. I know it sounds soooo horrible! haha, As you probably can tell I am not that sad that the XBOX is taking a vacation for a few weeks.

What else can I update you on. I started this diet that my family started doing, I'm not quite sure what diet it is but You eat only protein for the first week, no carbs no sugar, & 550 calories a day. You go up to 700 calories the next week and then start eating vegetables and the next week go up more in calories and you can eat fruit but no carbs or sugar EVER! It's an anorexic diet if you ask me but all my family had been losing so much weight so I got jealous and wanted to try it out. I am a carboholic so it as really hard at first but then got easier. I was on it for like 2 weeks and have lost 11 lbs. So it is working! I'm not on it right now but I would like to do it one more time and lose another 10 lbs. It's great! Here is a pic of me eating a sandwich with no bread while russ eats a hot pocket right in front of me. rude.

Well I forgot my camera when we carved pumpkins at Amy and Marcus's house (is that even possible!?!?!) so I took a few pictures when we got home of our pumpkins. I always LOVE carving pumpkins (well I just love Halloween in general). Russ usually makes his own design for his pumpkin but this year he was feeling lazy so he used a pattern. Amy carved a cool spider and marcus, well let's just say his remains uncarved. Lola painted her pumpkin (you will have to see all of these pictures on amy's blog, since I am retarded and didn't have my camera) I thought they turned out pretty nicely! What do you think!?



12 comments:

Waters Family said...

selena what are you doing trying to loose weight?! you are already skinny! your pumpkins are way cool too!

Russ said...

i like this blog. good job babe! :)

sarah said...

Nice pumpkins, we carved Elmo & the Count this year...Oh how things change with kids :)

Becky said...

so I found out today that the pumpkin I carved was thrown on the ground today...I live on the 2nd floor, apparently someone doesn't like spongebob or me for that matter...oh well it was outside for a couple of weeks anyways. I can live!

Allison Barry said...

your face is looking skinny!!!!! Man 11 pounds is awesome.

those are pretty cool pumpkins. I am happy that the xbox is broken. You know I am anti.

I'm glad you didn't put your new friends in this post. Jealousy isn't pretty on me.

Ian, Jessica, Halle, Camdyn, and Quinn! said...

I like it that russ is complimenting you on your post, thats a sweet husband! Man, no CALL OF DUTY! WHAT is Russ suppossed to do with himself!?!? I was in heaven when our xbox broke down, it was AMAZING! Enjoy it while you can Selena! YOu guys are great and everytime I read your blog I'm sad we don't live closer!

Dawn said...

Wow...those are great pumpkins! I cracked up at the part about Russell's XBox being broken...but then he will probably say "that figures"! I know that you need something else to relax at...especially when you're so busy and don't have time for much free time...but I'm sure there are other things he can do! so what did you do for Halloween? good luck with the diet...although I don't know why you are doing that???!!

Russ said...

got en email today.... xbox is on its way back... hahahahaahahaahaahhahaahhaahahahahahhahaaahahhahahhhahahaahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahhaaahhahahahhahahahahah

(thats a bad guy laugh..)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

OK so I HEAR YOU About dieting on your own...welcome to the Sorensen boy curse....they can eat whatever and Dan has a REALLY hard time when he starts to diet- he can;t do it on his own!!!
Cute pumpkins...unlike Dan I could care less about stencils and facy knives...if it is easier and looks good I LOVE IT!
Russ- to answer a few questions-we ARE going to be here for Thanksgiving...no one else in your fam will be b/c they are coming to Utah for baby Ruby. Dan has a long weekedn with Monday off...wanna play? Are you coming "home"?
I really would LOVE for a photoshoot with Salina at x-mas just for some belly shots and kids updated photos...I will wait for a family pict. unti this new boy arrives
About x-box...hmmm, I have to pray about it-but if it means having time to hang with you I am torn
OK LONG COMMENT...sorry!
loves!!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

can that x-box disease infect dans ps2...please?

The Sorensen Bunch said...

one more thing..I promise- sorry i stalking your blog today
Selena AFTER you get all your kids and family in costumes and painted...you have very little energy for yourself. So I always have holiday jewelry and accessories, t-shirts to improvise...besides, when you are preto NOTHING fits!Thus the reason for no costume HOWEVER IF I lived closer to you...I am sure you would be able to help me come up with something!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

that would be prego