Friday, October 23, 2009

Yes, that is right, WE HAVE FRIENDS.

Well, ever since I have lived in Utah I haven't had too many friends to hang out with (Other than my dear sweet Blair family) and recently I have bonded with a few couples from the ward. One day I decided I want to be social again and Russ and I through a MEXICAN FIESTA at our house. We invited a bunch of the young couples from the ward and had about 5 couples turn up! Turns out they all want friends too! It doesn't help that we were stuck in the Primary for the first year we were in the ward so we really had a hard time getting to know ANYONE. Then we were released and now in the activities committee.

So it's pretty nice to have people to hang out with that you genuinely like. haha. Dalllan and Merinda are great and Paul and Ruthie are new and so fun! We enjoyed meeting all the other couples that came and really want to start doing more stuff with people! This post may seem so sad and pathetic but I am so happy that I have people I can talk to. I am always homesick for friends and family in Arizona so it makes it a little easier to have people here too. Thanks guys! (PS. you should totally look at paul and ruthie's blog (http://www.paulandruthie.blogspot.com/) and look at her post called Saying hello to all the babies!!!!!and watch the videos entitled Randition n Whut! Ya dis right hur and The orginal mix part 2. Then you will know that it was meant to be!





Ruthie and I painting our nails (yes those are fake eyelashes...)

We went to Gardner Village because they have never been there! THis is in the Christmas shoppe! (Ruthie's husband Paul came too! )
This is my favorite store, Anastasia's Attic. It's AWESOME!


After we got fake eyelashes. but don't worry paul didn't get any...
pretty eyelashes!
Ruthie getting her's on!
I was getting tool to go with my witch outfit!
A tour of the Library. we had to take a pic.
THe MEXICAN FIESTA! this was when my team was kicking their teams BUTT!



All the couples that came.....we are pretty popular. haha.




"make the ugliest face you can!"
"silly face"
"we are friends"
This is Russ and Dallan, aka Owen Wilson. HE TALKS JUST LIKE HIM!!!
?


It's pretty fun to have friends.

6 comments:

Allison Barry said...

dang, I want fake eyelashes! (and friends)

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

oh selena, im SO glad you guys have some friends!! and it looks like they fit in great.

i feel like i haven't seen you in FOREVER! you guys wanna do pumpkins next week?

Mollie Photo said...

fine whatever. don't even mention that i was your friend in utah. We did LIVE together. REMEMBER??? PFFT Whatever.

Dawn said...

looks like LOTS of fun! so glad you are having fun! hope you and Russ both have a good week!

Waters Family said...

So i hope this doesnt encourage you not to move back to arizona!!! dont forget we love you here too! But it looks like you guys had a fun night!!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Sorry i spelled Selena wrong on th last post...bad SIL!!
Friends have SAVED me here in Cottonwood- you can never have too many!!! looks like F-U-N!!!