Monday, August 22, 2011

I guess you are getting a baby bunny


I have heard from a few friends and family that pregnancy dreams can be pretty crazy. I am not one to really remember my dreams much but every once and a while I wake up and remember them vividly. If I wake up and tell someone right away I can remember lots of my dream.....but if I wait at all I forget everything.

One morning last week I woke up to the most bizarre dream. It was normal life as usual, I was home (here at my parents house) just hanging out with my mom in the backyard but I was 9 months pregnant (about to burst at any time). I was laying in the grass and then stood up very fast. Before I knew what hit me my baby just popped out! No pain or anything! I look down to see her and it was not a baby at at! It was a baby bunny! My mom picked it up and said "Look how cute she is!" I was pissed! I did not want a baby bunny! I wanted a real baby! I did not carry this baby for 9 months to get a rabbit I could have bought at the store! So when I woke up from the dream I was very mad! I told Russ and the rest of my family about this dream because i thought it was quite funny.

As you know we have been in the middle of buying a home which comes with all kinds of annoying bumps in the road....making offers and counters offers ect. We were chosen out of 17 offers only to find out that the home appraised for less than our offer. This is a good and bad thing. So again we had to renegotiate the offer......What do we do!? We really want this house!

So last Friday I had another dream. Not as bizarre as the last dream I remember. It was normal life. Russ and I were living at my parents house in the middle of negotiating the offer on the exact home that we wanted to buy. A specific number for an offer came up in my dream....the new offer. We offered this amount and the accepted the offer and it was OURS! When I woke up still half asleep Russ was still getting ready for work. I told him, Russ I had a dream and we need to offer it at this amount. Russ then made sure he was hearing me right. "So you had a dream and you want to offer what?" Yes Russ, you heard, that is exactly what I said. "Ok" was Russ replay. I called him at work later to see if he really took my half asleep dream comment seriously and he did! He offered the amount that I told him about in my dream! I was pretty happy about that. My dad made the comment like "Are you sure you want to listen to the crazy having a baby bunny pregnant dream lady?" hahaha....

Later I received a call from Russ. All he said was "I guess you are getting a baby bunny." And at first I was so confused, then I realized what he was trying to tell me "Your dreams are coming true!" WE GOT THE HOUSE! I was sooooo excited and don't even know what to do with myself! I'm bet Russ was glad he listened to me! All I know is that we are very blessed and we have a lot of work ahead of us. I could not be more happy! We are so excited to move into our first home. With our first baby and our first dog. hahaha.....lots of firsts (but hopefully no baby bunnies). Wish us luck!



4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congratulations Selena and Russ! Home ownership is wonderful! Lots of work, but wonderful. Many good wishes to your family in the coming months and years! ---Lindsay Cherevka :)

Allison Barry said...

I love Lacey's reflection in the window taking your picture.

Congrats on the house and I can't wait to help you with little Brynn's room.

oh yeah and if you did have a bunny I would love it just the same. although I might not let it in my house.

Ian, Jessica, Halle, Camdyn, and Quinn! said...

I love this story! So awesome!!!! Can't wait to see pics of sweet Brynn in her new home, she'll be way cuter than a baby bunny, and thats pretty cute!

Joe and Aubrey said...

Oh Selena, you make me laugh!! Congrats on the house, that is so exciting!! :D