Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ready for Action!!!!


So in the last week or so I have had quite the turning point. Instead of anxiety and nervousness and feelings of fear of giving birth, I am now very ready for Brynn to come! I have had a great pregnancy though the last 9 months! It really has been a breeze but this last week my uncomfortable level is very high and really makes me really WANT to have her NOW (so I can not feel achy and bloated and SWOLLEN and so I can sleep without peeing in the middle of the night and so I can lay on my stomach again and get my flexibility back and my body back!) I basically don't sleep anymore and have to take tylenol PM overnight to get ANY sleep at ALL. My feet are now usually swollen and HUGE and I am retaining water like a sponge. The labor and delivery part doesn't seem as scary to me anymore because It is an escape from all of this! I am so READY FOR ACTON NOW! I am not scared, I feel prepared and ready to see her little face! I want her to come now!

I am due on the 28th and that is 10 days! WHOA! Russ and I have been talking about how this last little bit has gone by so fast! Are we ready for a little baby?! I think we are up for the challenge (and the cuteness!) Russ is very excited for the baby to come now. The only thing I hope he can do is NOT to pass out at the hospital. He gets a little queazy ESPECIALLY when he sees needles....So hopefully he can hold it together in there. I am excited to be a mommy and very excited to see Russ as a Dad. I know she will bring us so much happiness!


Now for the fun part! I'm pretty much done with Brynn's nursery! I still eventually want to get curtains and my dad is making me a shelf for her wall but I stare at it everyday and it is way too cute not to share it with the world! Here is Brynn's room! My favorite room in the house!

























Upon request I was asked to tell where I got some of these wonderful things in her room! I will tell you now!

The crib bedding was from target believe it or not! I thought it was so soft and sweet and vintage! I love it! (I think the bedding is out of stock)
http://www.target.com/p/Simply-Shabby-Chic-174-Candy-Patchwork-Mini-Quilt-33-quot-x42-quot/-/A-11258817

Bought the crib off amazon in this pretty "vintage white" color. Got the conversion kit too so we can make it into a full size bed later!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031U0ZN8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I just bought this darling rug ON SALE from Urban Outfitters. LOVE IT. (they are out of stock of this as well)
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=22213433&itemdescription=true&navAction=jump&cm_mmc=broadcast-_-Operational-_-ShipConfirm-_-SKU&cm_lm=selenaashley@gmail.com

The dresser was a hand me down from my mom, worked perfectly in there....not sure wear it came from....

Two of the frames on the wall are Obrien and Schriddle Frames.
http://obrienschridde.com/

The other frame (the circular one) along with the chandelier (I saw a very similar chandelier at Home Depot), corner bench and baby cradle are from 2 cute antique shops in California called the Antique Station and Linda Marie's Enchanted Treasures. I love antiques! Brooke painted the corner bench and cradle and put the cute fabric on it to match Brynn's room!
http://www.LindaMariesEnchantedTreasures.com/

The white Letters on the wall were on clearance at target and the homemade banner on her dresser is handmade from my amazing friend MOLLIE!

The super cute "curtain frame" on the wall was made by my sister Nikki (freakin cute I know!)

The "headband hanger" was also made my my sister brooke (along with some of those cute headbands), I have talented sisters don't I!!??!?

11 comments:

sarah said...

Beautiful!!! Oh and I want to steal that headband hanger, adorable :)

Nikki Mullaly said...

Love this post! TAKE A CLOSE UP PICTURE OF THE CURTAIN FRAME!! DESERVES A CLOSE UP...HAHHA

Nikki Mullaly said...

THANK SELENA, PERFECT. NEED IT FOR MY PERSONAL FILES. I LOVE BRYNNS ROOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allison Barry said...

Yep the rug completes the whole look. You will love nursing her in there and admiring what a cool mom you are.

calikas said...

It is so gorgeous!! I love all the elepahnts. And the little corner seat. adorable.

Niki said...

Brynn's room is beautiful!! Didn't you and Russ just move into your house?!?!? You guys work fast :-)

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

LOVE LOVE her room!! It really is perfect isnt it? lol Cant wait to see the curtains up (when I sew them ) he he and when dad makes the shelf!! ok 10 days ...ready...set...go...

The Sorensen Bunch said...

soooo if you really DO have her on the 28th and we share a birthday...will you giver her my name as her middle Alicia or ANN (my middle) just checking? after all...we are family :) LOVE LOVE the room...YOU ARE READY in so many ways...its time to progress

The McKernan Family said...

super cute! i love nikki's curtain frame the mostest! :] good luck selena! hope these 10 days go fast for ya...

Mollie Photo said...

uh. ya. i thing you are ready for action. No doubt about THAT!!! WOO HOO!!!

Ian, Jessica, Halle, Camdyn, and Quinn! said...

ADORABLE! I can't wait for the NEXT POST! I hope there is a baby in it! And, I can totally relate to walking into a freshly designed room like hundreds of times a day just to stare at it! Great Job Selena! You should be one proud mama!