Thursday, November 17, 2011

3 weeks old!

Taking pictures every week is proving to be quite a challenge for me. It's not that easy to take pictures of this girl all by myself! Well parenthood has been a whirlwind of emotion.
Joy, excitement, exhaustion, cluelessness, happiness.......
She is the cutest little girl ever! I have mixed emotion about the "newborn stage." I love how petite and small she is, I love to stare at all her little features, I love to watch her silly expressions, I love to snuggle with her, I love how much she sleeps (I can get things done around the house) I love seeing her in a "milk coma" with her glossy eyes when she is full, and so much more. But I do get tired of the sleepless nights and sore breasts. I can't wait for her to recognise me as her mother and give me a cute smile. I can't wait to see her expressions and hear her talk. I can't wait for her to sit up and to fit into some of her older cute outfits. I know that most people are going to tell me to treasure the moment because they are gone so fast. Don't worry, I am doing that. The newborn stage is not for everyone. I love my baby and can't wait to watch her grow!

Russ and I are getting into more of a regular routine now. I usually let Russ sleep most nights and take care of her (unless I am so tired or I'm just not having a good night with her). She is starting to be a little more awake during the day especially in the mornings (which makes it hard for mama to take a nap). She is eating good and we went to the doctor yesterday and she is already 7 lbs and 7 oz! (When we went to the doctor a few days after she was born she was 6 lbs and 4 oz. So she is putting on weights and she already grew an inch!

Being a mom is so much fun but pretty tiring right now. I apologize to my friends and family for not visiting much lately. We have been keeping her home to avoid getting her sick and I am just so tired sometimes to thing about packing her up and going somewhere. You have to pack SO MUCH just to get out of the house with a baby! So I prefer to stay home most of the time although I go a little crazy being home all the time by myself. It gets boring. But we have taken her out a few times now with us and she is really good.

I love this picture of her. She is too sweet.

2 comments:

Ian, Jessica, Halle, Camdyn, and Quinn! said...

Don't worry about not being over the moon about the newborn phase, its not my favorite either. It's nice when they can react to you and recognize who you are. That is right around the corner! Mommyhood looks good on you! She is adorable! Can't wait to see her in person!

Allison Barry said...

That tutu is adorable. I agree about the newborn stage. All I wanted was for Sam to grow as soon as possible, but I wanted Mollie to take it slow (which she still is doing). No worries about not being a social butterfly yet. She is still so young and you still have to whip out your boobs all the time, so it's not an easy thing. Do they have to do anything about her clogged tear duct?