Thursday, November 10, 2011

First Bath

Well I am blogging right now with Brynn in my lap so we will see how long she wants to sit here with me. She takes a binkie which is fabulous. It keeps her quiet and comfortable even though it could be feeding time right now. =-) I am trying to get her to eat a little less frequently (longer than every 2 hours) and I'm trying not to feed her every time she cries. So we are just hanging out right now. Just me and her. Like always. Not trying to say she is boring but lets just say I have been watching a little too much TV lately. I am waiting to feel a little better and more confident to take her out by myself.
I have only left the house like 3 times in 2 weeks. It's pathetic.

She has been such a mellow baby. She still getting used to life with and we are getting used to her and trying to find some routine in all this craziness. But all and all she is a great baby. She is pretty content most of the time and doesn't cry much, she just grunts and wines a lot. For such a small baby she poops sooooo much! She is a poop machine! I feel like as soon as I change her I have to change her again! She still is too small for a lot of her "newborn" clothes but she is starting to fill in a little bit.

The past 2 nights she has slept pretty well and I hope this will be a normal thing soon. She slept for a good 4.5 hours and then another 3 hours. It's getting much better. She sleeps in a swing/bouncer these days and that seems to work well for her. We kicked her out of our bed! =-) Although I love to snuggle I want my bed to myself. =-)
We cut her fingernails the other day so she would not claw her eyes out.

Russ and I still haven't gotten in the hang of changing diapers FAST before she pees all over. It happens quite often. Russ especially...I think he is too slow and uses too many wipes (he wants her EXTRA clean). The other night I was a little sluggish and she peed on me and the couch. It was very lovely. I was so tired I didn't even bother changing my shorts. I know.....it's gross.

She like to stretch a lot more now and she is pretty good at tummy time already. She is a strong girl and can already lift her head for a little bit! THe first time we gave her tummy time she lifted one leg all the way in the air! It was hilarious!
She is an acrobat!

Her first bath was fun She didn't seem to like it much. I don't think she likes being naked anyways so she wined and cried through the whole thing. And yes we tried putting a warm cloth on her tummy and head too but she still was not a happy camper. We had to get into all her crevasses and rolls to make sure se was super clean. We got her in the bath and set her on the counter in the kitchen and bathed her there. (the 3rd time we gave her a bath she had a poo explosion in the bathtub....ew)

Having Brynn is so fun and so exhausting all at the same time. we love her!







1 comment:

Allison Barry said...

Next time you should put a warm cloth on her (joke).

She is so dang sweet. She is already long and lean. Will she be a model, maybe?