Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm 2 weeks!


Time is flying by!
Brynn is now 2 weeks old!

Taking care of a newborn is tough work!
We are officially zombies all the time catching some sleep whenever and wherever we can. I haven't really ventured out of the house much with her yet but I am starting to get a little ansty. It gets kind of boring when all you do is eat, sleep, feed the baby, change diapers and watch 30 rock all day long.
I'm lucky if I can get a shower everyday.
We are working with her on sleeping better at nights. She has good and bad nights and has not gotten into a schedule yet. Mom and baby are doing good with breast feeding. I will see at our next Doctors appointment if she is gaining enough weight.

My recovery has gone great! I feel pretty good these days! Still can't fit into any of my clothes. It's pretty depressing but I know it will take time to get all the weight off.

Russ comes home and is a super helpful daddy!
He basically does anything I ask him to (I mean I DID BIRTH this baby. He owes me....hahaha) But he really is a great help around the house, a master swaddler and not afraid to change gross poopy diapers. He helps put her back to sleep in the middle of the night when she is WIDE AWAKE and I am just DONE with her and will go downstairs on the recliner and sleep with her to get her to go back to bed. He is such a sweet daddy!

We are getting the hang of this mommy and daddy thing and I think we are starting to really enjoy all of it....(except for when she starts wining in the middle of the night and wakes us up.....we sit there wondering if she will go back to sleep or if the wine is going to turn into a scream....it gives us anxiety...hahaha)


3 comments:

Mollie Photo said...

she is smiling! and oh my i LoVE her toes. i really need to come by.

Anonymous said...

What a cute baby. She is precious.

Allison Barry said...

It's only been 2 weeks! If you fit into your pre-pregnancy clothes already I couldn't be your friend anymore. Eat up.



(Brynn is the best!!!)