Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Green goodness.

My cousin Kelly Statzer came up to me the other day and told me about the "green smoothies". I have heard about it and was very interested in trying them after watching "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".

It's about this over weight guy on all kind of medications goes on a juice fast for 60 days. It's loaded with all kinds of fruits and vegetables! Not only does he lose a ton of weight, he is healthy enough to stop taking all his medication! It's a really cool show.

Anyways, Kelly send me a link to this website,

and she has a similar story.

Sooooooo, trying to be healthy and all Lacey and I decided to try the green smoothie. There are all kinds of recipes out there but we wanted to go simple (because this whole vegetable drink thing is all new to us, and kind of weird looking. hahah)
So we did:
1 cup of spinach
3 bananas
1 cup of water

And to tell you the truth..... IT WASN'T THAT BAD!!!
I think this could be a new thing!











3 comments:

Waters Family said...

Curtis is big on juicing. I think it tastes so gross! Maybe I will try this recipe. Hope your work out is going good! You look good in these pictures.... Even if it is just your face.

Lacey Reid said...

Man I just look awful in all your blog posts....i need to stop coming over so much....

Jeremy-Kelly said...

AHHHH! I am so HAPPY you like it! :) the pics are too funny!! SOO . . . Jeremy and I are diving into the deep end with the green smoothies and just paid to do her Green Smoothie detox for 7 days. It starts on Feb. 1st. AHHHHHH!!!