Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My name is Harry Potter.

Well, Brynn my not live in a closet but she does sleep in a closet! From the beginning we had no idea where to sleep this little girl. (get ready for a long run on sentence) She hated her bassinet (did not like sleeping flat on her back so the crib was out of the question as well), she slept in her swing for a bit, slept with mom and dad for a little bit too (on our chests and in our bed with us) mom did not like her right by her bed either (she grunted all night and never let me sleep), then she graduated to a bouncer and moved father towards the closet (she was still too noisy) and then she finally ended up in the closet with her noise maker.
Now that we are all used to our sleeping we are going to have to change it again. I am going to attempt to sleep her in her crib tonight.
Please wish me luck.
(I laid her down about 20 mins ago and I can still hear her on the monitor)
This may be a long night.







2 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope it went well for you! I have heard of people putting the bouncer (is that what they are called??) right in the crib at first to help the baby adjust, or even starting slow and just putting the baby in the crib for one nap a day, then two... etc. Good luck!

Randi said...

Its definitely hard. Bentley slept in his bouncer from when he was about 1.5 months til he was 3 months old. He just slept better sitting up. I think its ok because he's been sleeping in his crib for the last few weeks mostly with some trial and error. He'll be 4 months old on February 10th. Sleeping is such a hard thing to figure out and be consistent. I definitely have a ways to go. Good luck to you!