Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!! (a little late i know..)

It has been a while since my last blog.  I've been real busy and well nothing exciting has really happened worthy to blog.  But I just went down to phoenix for Thansgiving and it was amazing

It was a short trip, left after work on Tues, stayed Wed and Thurs and then back to Utah Fri morning and straight to work from the airport.  Ya I know, but someone had to pay the bills (and it's not Russ, haha).  It wasn't the most relaxing vacation, trying to cram as much stuff as we possibly could in, but we enjoyed it so so much.  Russ was texting me the countdown till we left.  We got to see Allison's wonderful baby (the new love of my life) and I just got so happy and so sad all at once.  I was so happy to see allison and devin and sam but a then I was sad that I don't ever get to see them.  It is just so depressing.  I miss them already!  How am i ever supposed to be the favorite aunt if I'm never around!?!  I can't let Whitney and Becca take that position!  haha.  I also saw Leigh Ann and her sweet babe Chance.  He is so so big!  And so smily and cute!  Here are a few pictures from our reunion....









We had to say our goodbyes but not until I stalked Sam and took as many pictures as i could!  Why is he the cutest thing in the world!  I'm going to premier these photos.  Allison has not yet seen all of them.  So here are a few!!  So cute!!

















Anyways.  that is the new love of my life.  cute isn't he!?!

Well Thanksgiving went fast but it was a blast!  It was soooo refreshing to see my family and friends!!  I miss everyone so so much!  There is so much going on in everyones lives I am still trying to catch up!  We came down just in time to see and SMELL some Arizona rain and get some beautiful weather.  I wore a sweater one day and started sweating!  It's much colder in Utah and is only getting colder!  ew!  I miss Arizona!  Thanks to my parents we were able to come down and enjoy some good company, good food and good climate.  Why don't we live in Arizona again.  Oh ya, Russ is still in school......and will be.....for like.....2 1/2 years......I don't know if I can make it.  Haha, We've both just been a little homesick and busy with work and school lately that it was real nice to get a quick break.  i got to see my niece Madison and new nephew Tanner.  He is so big now!  Tanner and Sam met very quickly ad they were due around the same time but little Tanner came early so Sam has some catching up to do!  Madison is hilarious!  She talks her head off and the funny thing is you can't understand half of what comes out of her mouth!  She calls grandma "muga"  (she says it kind of backwards) and now repeats tons of things you say.  I was trying to seat-belt her in one day and I couldn't get her in so I said "dang it"  she immediately repeated the phrase and I could not help but laugh.  Mom gave me a weird look that "be careful what you say" look.  It was fun sleeping at home in my bed.  Although Russ and I are used to sleeping on separate ends of a king size bed and were forced into a queen (but it feels like a full)  So it was a little squishy.  He can't be by me in order for me to fall asleep, i need silence and well, Russ sleeps with is mouth open so I occasionally have to push him in the middle of the night from snoring anyways.  HAHA, i'm going on a tangent but ya.  I love my house.  I wish I could be closer to family.  It's more fun that way.  But Utah is our home now.  I know I do a lot of complaining but this is Russ and I's first home together so I better have fun while it lasts.  We really have nothing to complain about.  We have a nice place to live I have a great job, Russ has the opportunity to attend BYU and finish his education so we are happy.  It's late and I think I am rammbling on and on. But the point it we had fun.  We miss Arizona.  We miss family.  We misse friends.  We want a vacation.  and it was a fun trip!  Can't wait to see everyone again for a longer trip at Christmas.  Dec 23rd to the 4th!  Love everyone!  Here are some fun fam photos!





















8 comments:

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Finally..been waiting for you to post HA HA !! I LOVE the pics you took of Sam...especially the one of him on the dresser!!!! He is so cute! It is nice to see Allison smile in some pictures..she looks good and I like her hair long!Leigh Ann's little one is adorable and all smiles!

Thanksgiving looked so fun! Who is the little boy Jeremy was holding in his lap? Lacey looks like she gets older every time I see a new pic! Ryan needs a hair cut HA! Dad even looked like he had lost some weight!! And Nikki as always just looked like me lol
The story about you saying Dang it in front of maddi was hilarious! And Brian says he feels your pain about you having to nudge Russ during the night....cause he has to do that to me HA ! In my defense I will say I ONLY started snoring after I had Lana..weird but true. K this is too long..you should call me
ps- I could not help but notice Russel's unique shirt that looks like it had pink, blue and green x-mas trees on it??????

Stacie Aho said...

Man, you saw a lot of people in your short little trip! Those are some great pictures. Sam is SO sweet.

Hopefully we'll see you at Christmas time!!

Allison Barry said...

oh my goodess i just wrote this huge comment and it all got deleted!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!! basically all it said was that i miss you so much and i HATE utah and i want you to be the favorite aunt more than anything!! please keep trying to get a hold of me...i promise i'll pick up the phone sooner or later. i just sleep at weird hours now. sam was awake EVERY HOUR last night. ugh. life. i wish you were there under my bed to talk to me while i feed him in the middle of the night. your pictures are amazing. i am so lucky to have you and your talents.

Allison Barry said...

oh yeah- and tell Brooke i'm not ok with smiling in pictures yet...i only did it because you made me.

Costley Images said...

I wish I was your sister.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Uh oh! You are around too many babies...you are going to want one!!! Dacie needs a cousin!? I LOVE the pictures, ecspecially the one of Doug and Dawn (it is soo flaterring of both of them) and MY GIRL!!
Hey-remember you have other nieces and nephews that can;t wait for you to live in Arizona too, so they can get to know you!
Hang in there-you will look back on these days with super sweet fondness. It is great to be poor, SUPER busy, away from family and students...I think it builds a solid foundation for a marriage.

We love you! It was great to see you when we had you!

Unknown said...

Selena, thanks for posting those. Some of us former co-workers need a dose of Sam and Allison and even Devin sometimes !!
You are hired when my niece gets here Feb 18th!

Waters Family said...

beautiful pics! little note though...my sons name is chase not chance!