Wednesday, July 9, 2008

WE ARE MARRIED!

Be prepared for the longest blog of your life....

So Russ and I were married on Saturday, June 28th. It was the funnest day of my life! Everything ran pretty smoothly. After all the planning, after all the stress I think it really paid off! It was a succss! I will quickly go over the highlights of the day. Well I had to wake up at 5:45 in the morning. Not so fun after going to sleep at 1:30ish in the morning. We stayed at a hotel in Mesa so we didn't have to get up even EARLIER! THe hair dressers, make up people, photographers and assistants and videographers came and met us there plus all the bridesmaids were there with my mom and little madison. So we had a zoo in the morning.



Everyone got there hair done and Russ came and picked me up at 8:30 so we could leave and be at the temple by 9 to take some pictures of us. We were running late and didn't get out the door until 9. Russ got lost on the way to the temple and we got to the temple at like 9:25 or so (we are supposed to be inside at 9:30) We still took about 10 minutes to take a few pictures and then headed inside.



Once we got inside Russ realized that he forgot the marriage license in the car so he ran back as I waited inside. He came back all sweaty because it was like 111 degrees outside! The ceremony was beautiful. We were so happy and it just felt so good to be married in the temple forever. It was our favorite part of the day. It was just amazing. Russ cried and I did not. I called him a girl and he called me a man. haha. It was great.



Then we had a few pictures outside. It was hot but I was so happy I don't think I complained once! I was a Sorensen! WHo cares it's hot! haha, I'm sure not everyone else had that additude. But we tried to keep it short so everyone did not die out in the heat. I'm sorry about all the pictures people but aren't they amazing! I love them! So it's all worth it. You know it is the only thing you really have left after everything is over so THANK YOU for everyone for taking millions of photos! Everyone was very good sports.



Then off to the luncheon we went. It was nice to sit down and relax and cool off. It was at the landmark restaurant. Good choice Dawn. It was good and Russ and I sat down and no one wanted to sit with us! Haha, were loners, but eventually nick and daniel came and sat with us along with Jill and Paul. Now we know who really loves us.






Then Russ and I went to check into our hotel out in Tempe, The Buttes Mariott, and this is what we did....




We met everyone at the reception at 4 for, yes, more pictures. I love pictures. I can't help it. I probably killed Melissa Jill my photographer. She had such a long day. Anyways we took more family pictures (We keft it inside so that we could all stay a little cooler) and we took the bridal party pictures there. Bridemaids, Groomsmen, you looked HOT!





The reception was a blast! Russ and I were constantly talking to people, we went around the room to every table and still seemed to miss a few people. There were lots of people that attended and made it such a special occasion. Russ and I did not get to eat any food although were heard it was quite amazing. I didn't get any cake either. Bummer. But the events were fun. Just to let everyone know (I'm sure you all figured it out) I was a little confused on how to play the newlywed game. Ya i'm retarded. Russ and I also discussed before hand that if we were smashing the cake that he could not get it in my makeup. Ya, he did not follow the rules. I got it all over my face! Up my nose and in my eyes. But i think I got him good too. I loved the photo booth! The pictures are way funny! Special thank you to Nick for making the slideshow, my cousin sara for making the cake and the parents for paying for everything and helping planning, and the dads for wearing tuxes. =-) I had so much fun! I'm sad that it is over.






Oh and special thanks to this man, Ryan Gardner, for making us drive to a carwash without air conditioning because he put flour in our air vents. Happy Birthday to you too.





It was a long and happy day but it was also a long day. I had so much fun! thanks you everyone for making it such a memorable day! ps. whip cream + the summer of arizona = a mess.













One more thought. Feel free to email me or send me CDs of pictures from my wedding. I want to get a hold of as many pictures as i can! I will love you forever! thanks!

signed

Mrs. Sorensen

6 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

I'm so glad you posted! I was anxious to hear about everything. Now you have to post about the honeymoon!!!
I LOVED that video. Very cute. I love how giddy you are too.
It was a fun party. I'm mad you didn't get to eat, seriously! I would've made you a togo plate if I had known!

Scott said...

Ya, feel free to post about the honeymoon but for the love of all... leave the videos off that post! :) That picture of Ryan is freekin hilarious... like he's a criminal.

P.S. Russ, the slugbug owned the freekin track.

Dawn said...

You are right...it was a long, but very fun and wonderful day! Your photographer did a wonderful job; can't wait to see the rest! Your dad and mom went to alot of trouble and expense to throw you guys that wonderful party...and everyone really enjoyed it! Thanks to them and to you guys for making it all possible!

Melissa Jill :) said...

I LOVE that video Selena! You guys are a hoot. You have to send me the code for that video so I can post it on my blog :).

The Sorensen Bunch said...

HeLLOOO Mrs. Sorensen- That video of you guys in the car is DARLING!!! We LOVEd the day--thanks for inviting us--too much fun that we did not want to leave! You will LOVE your pictures and they will hang around your house...as long as no little ones come too quickly-ha ha ha. Sorry about the car, we told them to get it good (I did not realize it would be THAT good) We love you-
Love Mrs. Sorensen too!

*swankytables*Annette said...

Great video in the car! Love the pics!