Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS EVER

SOOOO, if you haven't gone to allison and devins blog lately take a look at it. Allison, Bri, Mollie, Leigh Ann, Lacey, and Becky all got together and made a video that had to do with me. It was so funny! If you know me, you will get the video. Russ said he thought it was sooooo funny!

But They all got together to make a video about me. What amazing friends they are that they would all get together in honor of me and make me such a fun video! I have to admit I have never NOT been in a video so I was jealous at first that Lacey got to take my place but then I thought about it and I am really happy that they all got to get together and bonded! That's what friends are for! I just want to let the whole world know that I have the best friends in the world (not to mention sisters and sister in laws) and if anyone thinks they have better friends than me then I will fight them in the parking lot!

On a little more serious note, when I think about all of the people that have surrounded me in my life I know that God has placed these special people in my life to help me through tough times, to make me laugh until I cry, to share special moments with, to teach me, to love me, to make me a better person, and to bring me joy and hope throughout my life. These people I have grown such strong relationships with they are truly my sisters and family. I love all of you. Thanks for always telling me the truth (even if it hurts), for loving me for who I am and embracing it (we are silly!), for helping me always when I needed you, for being an example to me and for leading me through times when you may have not even realized I needed you. I know my friends are a loyal bunch and they will never go away. I'm obsessed with you guys too much so I pretty much will never let you go! Thanks for being the people you are, you have brought me so much happiness and love. I don't get serious much but I really want to let all of my friends (including sisters) how much I love and appreciate everything they do for me (and this is to all of my friends not just the participants in the video). I really would freak out without you. so thanks. =-)

Now for a special treat for all the video participants. (and I tried to post videos and pictures that go well with the video that they made me)

This is Becky by far the friend I've know the longest (besides you Ashley) and she thinks our friendship only started because I was using her to get rides to school from seminary. I was friends with her brother first but then I discovered her. Becky is an amazing girl. She loves music, she drives slow, and she likes to shop (and she pretty much buys whatever she wants!) haha, she is an amazing return missionary and is on the market for all you men looking for a hot woman! We were connected at the hip throughout highschool, roomed in college together (she survived the messy room) and we are still great friends. Becky has a listening ear, a kind heart and has the cleanest clearest skin of anyone I know (Allison you come close). She could be a spokesperson for multiple skin care products. Becky has been such a great loyal friend to me, I know she will always be by my side no matter what happens. She has helped me clean my room multiple times and has sat through my "reminiscing" moments where I make her look at lots of my pictures! Good thing she has become interested in Photography! Anyways I love my Becky. She has always been there for me, giving me great advice, always giving me directions when I am lost and she always makes time for me. You are the best.





This video was taken when becky and I were in Spain. You can't really tell what we are saying but I'm trying to talk to Becky in spanish. it was late. we were delirious.



Then there is Allison. Allison was always around in High School but I didn't quite get to know her until we both were missing a 5th hour in high school but we had a 6th hour. So we would hang out every 5th hour with each other to pass the time until out 6th hour. Medlock pictures were born, and inside jokes GALOR (Mr. Weel, sniffing, security golf carts, ect) THe sparks started flying after Allison left for school to Mississippi State. I think that Allison hated her roommates so much and she was so desperate for friends she reached out to her AZ friends. Devin and I we her most called friends, i became her friend and devin her husband. We talked like 2-5 times a day. It was crazy. I have predicted Allison's entire life so I can pretty much tell you she will have another baby soon. haha =-) We would joke about her coming to NAU and being my roommate and that soon became a reality! Allison came to NAU and we had an amazing time (some of my most favorite memories) making videos, talking on myspace from different computers, stealing Sarah's car, running to my room to escape the "noises", talking about the church, laughing until we couldn't breath and having the same lives. =-) She has been my light at the end of a dark tunnel. She can ALWAY make me laugh. She has the funnest wittiest personality, one of a kind. We are opposites in many ways but mesh completely well together. Allison is a great mother, a good lover (haha) and my friend forever. thanks. your "the bomb"





This was a good ol piano video at my house. I know you all have seen lots of videos of me and allison but this one may be new to you. I dug this one up someone deep in my computer. i love us.


Leigh Ann has been such a fun person around ever since we were in high school together. She WAS a part of the BIG 5 and I was not so she was pretty cool. I always remember Leigh Ann had all the guy friends and I probably secretly wanted to be like her. Leigh Ann mentioned something about her dog in Allison's video and for all of you who don't know that story I'll tell you. No one could remember the last time she or anyone had washed their poor dog. So being the dog lover I am I washed him so clean and i May have even groomed him a little. Knowing my love for animals you will not believe what they did to me. Not to long after I washed theri dog he passed away. So the next time I went over there they had put the dog in a box and told me to go look in it. I was probably so freaked out. After I forgave Leigh Ann we were friends again. I think Leigh Ann has become such a cute mommy and I love how much she cares for her two little boys. I love that even when she is pregnant she will make scandalous "milkshake" videos with her friends. Leigh Ann always makes me laugh because she says the funniest things! I can't wait to move down to Phoenix so we can be closer and we can bond even more! (Sorry Leigh Ann, I had a hard time finding pics of just the 2 of us!)

Sorry to note that the video I would post of Leigh Ann is the infamous "What is Blood video". You may have seen it if you have been in Mr. Prey's anatomy class at Mountain Ridge. good times....


My little Mollie is my little treasure. She really is a "diamond in the rough" as they would say on Aladdin. I first met Mollie in the jungles of Africa, aka Flagstaff Arizona. She was really an angel sent to save me because this is the time when Allison and Devin were madly in love and she was gone every weekend and I got pretty lonely. I ran into Mollie everywhere! She was in my FHE group, my ward and then I found out she had the SAME MAJOR and we had classes together! So we instantly had a photography bond and she was from Prescott. I knew a lot of people from Prescott too! Mollie is one of the few woman I was instantly OBSESSED with and who got my personality. Well, on second thought, I remember Mollie when she first met me didn't quite know how to take my sarcastic humor. She told me she sometimes thought I was being mean but then she finally realized that I was joking around. haha. I love my Mollie. Mollie is all over the place, constantly moving, always looking for an adventure, always up to doing anything. We have had so much fun going to concerts, repelling of a 200 ft bridge (SCARY!), going rafting, taking pictures galore, eating sweets, and talking about life. She is my buddy and has wonderful insightful moments. She is my Mollie Mormon and I would not have it any other way. thanks mollie. you're amazing!





Mollie will hate me for posting this one, but I thought it was very appropriate. I was taking a video of Mollie when she thought I was taking pictures of her. This was one of our many photo-shoots together and this is what I make her do haha.


Lacey is my sister.....and everyone thinks that we are the same person. That is why it is very funny that she is my stunt double in the video on Allison's page. She used to be the annoying "princess" little sister ( i think becky can remember this) but has become a pretty cool sister. She is freakin driving now! Crazy! She is pretty much the me I never was in high school, cuter, more outgoing, smarter, and more spoiled. haha. She has some pretty sweet editing skills (I have taught her everything I know) and has my sarcastic humor. No wonder she fits in with my friends so well, she is me born like 8 years later. Lacey is a good girl.....why are you so cute? I have talked to Russ about this. Lacey is such a cute girl! I wish I was that cute in Highschool. Lacey is always very helpful. I can ask her to do anything and (sometimes with a bribe) She will always lend a helping hand. I think when she was little I have tricked her multiple times in cleaning my room for me but she always still helped me out! She sent me all of the High School musicals for my birthday just because I said I loved the movie 17 Again. And a poster of his face WITH a camera. Good job Lace. Thanks for being an awesome sis.






One day we just got together and started singing. it was great. haha.



Most girls are probably pretty scared to marry into a family will all sisters. They could eat you alive when you are marrying the only boy. But we are so so lucky to have Bri in our Family! She fits in so well and we all love her so much! From the first time Ryan met her and we started hanging out with her I knew she was a keeper. She is so fun, nice, honest, and genuine. She is the sweetest girl ever with a little spunk! She always has a smile on her face and always has a helping hand. Bri, I'm so glad that you are not just my sister in law, but my friend too! You are great! I love you so much hottie! I'm dying without you! Counting down the days till we move back to Phoenix! But you will probably have like 9 babies by then. haha! i love you!




and bri i was going to post that make out video of ryan and you but I couldn't find it! you are so lucky! haha!

So as you can see I have amazing friends. I love them so much and am so greatful to have these people in my life. And not just to these people here on my blog, but to all of my family members and friends, I really appreciate everything you do for me and hope you feel my love for you. Thanks! I love everyone!














9 comments:

Becky said...

Okay all I have to say is I love you sooooooooo much Selena! That for sure made my day, even though it is like 3 in the morning now. I seriously cried when I read what you wrote and am still whipping the tears away at this moment. I truly feel touched and am thankful that we have continued to be and have become even better of friends to this day. That was truly from the heart and that is why I love you. I look forward to our future together and we will forever be friends no matter what!!!!! I love your guts!!!!! Why are you so good to me?!

Allison Barry said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to go now so I will comment my TRUE feelings later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Costley Images said...

what the heck. you make me cry and then i cry even more because i can't even see you. EVER. :(
i've said it a million times but i WILL SAY IT AGAIN. COME BACK TO ARIZONA>

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

So does this mean there will be a post about ALL your sisters next lol

Ian, Jessica, Halle, Camdyn, and Quinn! said...

YOu are so sweet... I've said it before and I'll say it again, You should have been in the big 5! WHat can you do, you are amazing, I certainly am jealous that I haven't gotten a tribute video yet! YOu're AWESOME!

Veronica said...

Selena, you are VERY fortunate to have so many best friends as "True" friends are hard to come by...You are blessed and so are your friends to have you! Of course I am blessed too, to have you as my neice!!!

Anonymous said...

So, did all of your lovely friends tell you they all forgot to invite me. Guess they all forgot i lived in AZ. NICE!! Glad they remember at least one sister for your video.haha...yeah im but hurt

Allison Barry said...

Ok, I'm ready to comment now!

Selena, I think YOU'RE THE BOMB!!!

You called me and were solely responsible for my survival of my freshman year in college. You are the only girl for me and the proof of that is that I never have to TRY to enjoy your company!!!! it's just so NATURAL!!!! You are smart and creative, you are patient and are the most generous person I have ever known- both with your time and your money (even when you had none). You were my ROCK during my investigation of the Church. Your family is awesome. I love them almost as much as I love you.
You have a huge heart and I know we will never ever grow apart because #1 you're a part of me and #2 you have too big of a stalker tendency in your brain. I love you even though you have your mom's butt!!!
"I LIKE my butt!"- Vanessa

The Sorensen Bunch said...

You guys have always had that fun little group of friends and I have admired how you all marry each other or stay in close contact. I hope my kids have good influence friends to hang with too!