Monday, September 14, 2009

I love Highlite

Does everyone know I work at the greatest place ever!?!? I currently work at Highlite Photography in West Jordan Utah. It was fate that brought us together. I was looking at Craig's list with my brother when I moved to Utah and I think he actually spotted their listing before I did. I emailed Mindy back and forth a few times until I finally got in for an interview. I showed up in my skirt (they have never seen me in again) and after the whole thing Mindy (without talking to Marc) yelled "you're hired!" Ever since then I have had such a wonderful experience working for them!

Marc has taught me so much about photography. He is very particular about his lighting and posing which has really pushed me to do the same. Because of him I feel more confident and comfortable with using different light sources to create my images. I used to be "all natural" with lighting but have developed a love for creating beautiful light. Now if only I could buy all the equipment he has I'll be set! Marc has taught me so much with business and life in general. I know sometimes I can be stubborn but I always come around right Marc!? =-) I have a fun time shooting with Marc and have grown to love him like family.

Well MINDY is the best boss ever! She is so silly and funny but very professional at the same time! I love her because she is not afraid to shake her bum at people to get a few laughs. She is a marketing genius and is always coming up with new ideas. She is great with people and treats our clients with real love and concern. Although the business keeps her busy her number one priority is her family. She is always thinking of her children first which makes her a SUPER MOM! Mindy and I are a lot alike and get along so great. I wouldn't want to work for anyone else! Mindy You ROCK!

Being up in Utah I haven't been very successful and having a ton of friends but everyone I work with makes me feel at home. I love Davi (we would be best friends if we didn't live so far from each other) her kids are so freakin cute and Cody is hilarious! Vi is amazing! She is my little buddy and has the cutest dogs around. Chloe is amazing (and hot!). Highlite Photography has become my adopted family. We have all laughed together, cried together, and really have developed a great bond that not all work environments have. Highlight Rocks! (am i getting brownie points!?) haha

Now for the video. Marc and I were early for a shoot and I decided to test out the video on our new 5D Mark II camera! I loved it! (yes and that black spot is a piece of dust on the sensor)









8 comments:

Mollie Photo said...

Highlite really is amazing. Sometimes I think about it and I'm like... WHY DID I EVER LEAVE HIGHLITE???
The only answer I have is this
I'm retarded.

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

ha ha that video was funny. I am sure Marc loved that you recorded him dancing like that lol. You even added your toungue wave and did summersaults ..... I am going to show it to Lana now he he

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Lana thought it was funny too... oh and I love moto-moto in the song..... I bet Lana will like this song now lol

Allison Barry said...

i LOVE the summersaults!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or maybe it's somersaults? don't know how to spell it. I already like Marc and I don't even know him!!!! GO MARC ITS YA BIRTHDAY

mindy said...

girl, we are so blogging that-- I LOVE IT!!! It is so cute; had to come home and see it--and yes, we ask Molly why did she leave us? Come back to us girl!

Anonymous said...

Hello!!! You are the cutest funniest person ever!! I bet marc was having sooo much fun watching you roll around with his new camera!! HAHAHAH and we are best friends and I love HIGHLITE TOO!

sarah said...

You make the funniest videos ever!

Becky said...

Okay I am with everyone else...I love the somersaults...wow I think that is the funniest thing I have seen since your Obsessed video and all the ones that Allison makes.