Saturday, February 11, 2012

I love Garage Sales.

Russ doesn't understand my love for
antique stores and garage sales.
I truly do find so many treasures from other people junk--but he still sees it as junk. He thinks I am a mini hoarder. I do tend to hold onto things for way too long (but am very proud of myself because I did get rid of so many things when we moved from Utah and then again when we moved into this house.) I think everything has sentimental value and I don't want to get rid of things because "what if I will need it!?!" As a photographer, everything I see become a photography prop/decoration for the house. So you can see my attraction to garage sales (I AM A MAGNET TO THEM!) I never really plan on going to them, but when I see that bright pink handwritten sign on the side of the road I just can't help myself! Something just takes control of my hands and turns the wheel in the direction of the sale.
So with that said.....

I picked up this beauty today....
(i fell in love with it instantly in the driveway of a garage sale, had to have it!)

6 comments:

Gma said...

I love it!!! Great prop or accent piece to a room. I understand perfectly!!!

McRachie said...

I don't know if this makes me a hoarder, but I love that couch!

Janna Nielson said...

OMG!!! I never find anything this good. You have no idea how jealous I am! How much did you pay for it?

Anonymous said...

"I would have picked up that prop in my photographing days also" It's a beauty!!!

Anonymous said...

Gpa says, "Great photo minds think alike."

Gma said...

This would be GREAT for Valentine pictures. Whoot! Whoot!