Sunday, February 26, 2012

zoo disaster.

So I thought since it was presidents day and Russ had the day off we would go and have a good ol' time at the zoo (Russ has never been to the Phoenix zoo and we never get a whole day to hang out together!) So since we have the most amazing baby in the world (so we thought) we packed her up with all her stuff and headed out.

We got there and were faced with a hard decision....do we become annual zoo members? Russ is all about a good deal and spending money wisely and he decided it would probably be worth it to sign up. When Brynn is a year old she will get a kick out of it! So basically you go twice in one year it pays for itself....Anywhoo, we walked in and we went right over to pet the stingrays (my favorite thing!) I LOVE to pet the animals, you name it, at petting zoos I am probably more excited than all the kids (on a side note have you ever been to the deer farm right outside of flagstaff?? It's basically my favorite place to be in the whole entire world.) While at the stingray exhibit I scratched Brynn on the hand...she made a sad face but didn't cry a tear. About a half hour after we arrived when we were walking to the other exhibits sweet Brynn was sitting peacefully in her stroller and suddenly Erupted In Screaming Cries!!! What the heck!?!? We check her car seat to see if anything was poking her, no poopy diaper, she was fed...I mean we checked all the possibilities and we couldn't figure out what it was! The ONLY guess I have is that maybe she was sucking on her fingers and made her scratch was sting (I did break the skin). I have no idea really though. If you know our Brynn she has a sweet little soft winy cry, this was a cry I have rarely experienced from her. So of course since we have never really had to deal with this kind of outburst (and especially not in public) we were a little flustered and were running around like chickens with our heads cut off. After about 10-15 mins of this I finally got her to fall asleep.
Man, that was exhausting.
I could see Russ was slightly embarrassed and he told me he was about ready to leave right after that. Anyways it kind of put a damper on our trip and after a poopy diaper and a feeding later we didn't end up making it around the whole park. The only thing I have to say is......

good thing we are annual members.











2 comments:

Dawn said...

I laughed and laughed when I read your story! and then the pictures of Brynn (or as Grandpa calls her: "Baby B") laughing were so precious! It is a good thing you bought an annual membership...and to Russ...I'm sure it will not be the only time she will embarass you...you're a dad now...get used to it!

peachytiffers said...

My sister had an annual pass where she could bring guests and we would go all the time. It was a blast. I totally understand those random SCREAMING cries too. Just know, you think they are WAY louder than anyone else does and it is mostly bothering you. It sure can make you feel flustered though! She is such a doll!