Friday, August 7, 2009

Have you ever burnt popcorn?

Well a few weeks ago my night started out like any normal night. I was hanging out until Russ got home from work. I got hungry for a light snack. I went to the pantry and found some "light" popcorn. The bag is smaller than most bags of popcorn. I read the directions and it said to put it on for 3 minutes and watch it carefully until you don't here it popping anymore. Well I got talking on the phone to Russ and completely SPACED it until i saw SMOKE and smelled BURNING!So yah. Russ was yelling at me to take the Microwave outside and I was yelling back at him that I didn't want to (but then i did). So the house was all smoking and SMELLED soooo BAD! We left the microwave outside for a while to Air it out. We don't have windows so we left the front door open all night with the fans going. it was pretty bad....(and i heated something up yesterday in the microwave and it still smells like burnt popcorn).






7 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

That's stinks! (hehe) You have NO windows?! That's creepy.

The Curthoys Family said...

I love the new look on your blog and the picture of you and Russ. As for the popcorn sorry, I hope the smell is gone.

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

im pretty sure that i have pictures like this from marcus' and mine's first month of marriage that are the exact same. we unplugged the microwave and took it outside just to open it. in the picture you can see yellow smoke coming out. and our microwave smelt forever after that. hahahah.

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

oh Selena.....this is funny in a way but then its not..lol.... reminds me of the time you did not know how to cook a grill cheese and I had to teach you :)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

that smell is NASTY!!!!

peachytiffers said...

That is so funny! That smell is soooo hard to get rid of. Try microwaving- not for forever though- some vinegar or a lemon.

Allison Barry said...

it seems there's a "burning" theme to your blog right now. SunBURN, burnt popcorn, burning the house down with your straightener...

you're very pretty in that last picture. especially your hair.