Monday, July 19, 2010

Cheap Date

Well, since I am not working while I am down here in Phoenix this summer (besides photography jobs I am booking) Russ is carrying the load of making the mula to pay our bills. So not much eating out, not much spending unnecessary money, just trying to have fun in a cheap way. Russ has had this craving (ever since we have been married) to reenact a fun activity he used to do as a child; hitting golf balls with baseball bats. Well one night his dream came true. We decided to go to his old stomping grounds, the park by his house on Utopia and sneak onto the driving range behind the park. It was dark and we played a game to see who could find the most stray golf balls (the ones that don't get picked up by the cart) kind of like an easter egg hunt. So I pretty much won by almost double. Haha. I found about 40 balls and he found like 23 or something. But instead of hitting the balls straight back onto the driving range I decided to add a little twist to this adventure. I wanted to take them home and write messages on them and THEN hit them back on the driving range. So we went home and Lacey and Dad hopped into the action. We wrote on all of the golf balls and we went back to hit a few back on the driving range. We haven't hit them all yet but we will. I think it will be fun when the golfers get a cool ball with a message on it. =-) It was pretty fun, I would recommend it.













2 comments:

Allison Barry said...

That shirt you're wearing has been around the block, eh?

I love this idea. Wouldn't you love to be a golfer and come across one of these? Especially the "i'm sleeping with your wife" ones.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

what a super cute idea!!! I love you guys!!!can we copy?