Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cool weather + fireworks = a good time

Well our families usual activity on the 4th of july would be to go to Harkins on Bell, watch a movie and come out just in time to see the fires works from the parking lot from the Peoria Sports complex. It works out pretty good. Bring some chairs, some refreshments and it's a pretty good setup. Since The 4th fell on a Sunday this year we decided to go up to Prescott (like we have a few times in the past) and they have an amazing carnival/Fireworks show and the best part is it is free admission! Mom and Dad, Lacey and her friend Steven, Russ and I and Ryan and Bri all went up for the event.

We were going to take a scenic route to sedona before we went to prescott but my dad decided it would take too long. So we ended up driving through my favorite place EVER Jerome, Arizona. If you haven't been there you need to. I may just have a weird crush on that place but it is a deserted mining town that is build on the side of a mountain. It is a pretty interesting place. But since we were short on time we didn't really get to stop. So instead of it taking an hour and a half to drive to prescott it took up like 3 hours. Ryan drove Russ and I up in his new Honda Fit and we all really got car sick (even Russ and he NEVER gets car sick) other than that it was a fun time!


We got there, set up our blankets on the baseball field and watched the fire works go off. It was even getting a little chilly! I wish Phoenix cooled off at least at nights. But it's ok, I'd rather take the heat than the snow any day.









I'm so glad that we live in a free country with all the rights and privileges that we have! I know I take it for-granted and I feel blessed to be apart of this nation.

Hope you had a Happy 4th!!

2 comments:

Allison Barry said...

The pictures under the football lights look awesome. Like I'm watching you all in HD.

How come you all got carsick? Because Ryan's car doesn't have cruise control? (booyah)

Veronica said...

I wanted to have the 4th with you all too! maybe next year..You took some great colorful pictures...I like the one of mom and dad...

I get car sick really bad when there is a lot of jerking and turning corners...Sorry to hear you got it.