Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Little critters....

Well since I have been in Arizona I have encountered the strangest little critters.....Some of the weirdest looking things ever. This first guy we have come across a few of them...They are sooo weird looking! It's some sort of spider but boy is it ugly! Allison was unfortunate enough to encounter one at my house while she was innocently sitting on the floor. I have never seen a pregnant lady move soooo fast!




Then another day the dogs were barking like CRAZY! Russ and I finally went outside to check on the ruckus and we found this little guy! I picked him up and put him across the street in the grass where the sprinklers come on and to get him away from our dogs that were bothering him. I think he is kind of cute... =-)




Then I went to Castle and Coasters with Kerri and Marcy while they were in town for a good game of goofy golfing..... We were having a good old time minding our own business when Kerri saw this creeping thing! a SCORPION right at her feet! I usually don't kill little critters at home (I put them outside) but for the safety of us and all our fellow golfers we had to kill this one.....




Then Last but not least I found the craziest bug EVER! It was a HUUUUGE BEETLE! The dogs were barking at something again in the backyard and I went to investigate! THE HUGEST BEETLE I HAVE EVER SEEN! It is sooo crazy! I have never seen one like this before! I took him and put him across the street too.




Arizona has shown me some interesting things while I have been here. It's kind of fun to see all these different little critters. I could do without seeing another scorpion. I guess the only thing I need to see now is a rattle snake, (i've seen a few road runners) a jack rabbit, and a javelina!!!


3 comments:

Becky said...

UMMMMM, this makes me wonder why I moved back to AZ in the summer???? I am glad I haven't seen any of these crazy creatures since being home!!!! The rattlesnake can be seen at the zoo and that is the only place I would want to see it...on the other side of glass :)

Paul and Ruthie Keep said...

i am afraid of bugs i envy ur courage to pick all those things up! i cant believe it!! ill see u so soon!

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

you need to do a new post ASAP or delete this one. seriously, everytime i go to your blog this makes me skin crawl. gives me the heebiejeebies. (in case you were wondering, i come to your blog a lot...bc youre my source to other blogs.)